Fitness apps on WP8 that work with MS Band

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping this thread will soon have a long list of apps that work with the MS Band. So far it's slim pickings. My favorite (runtastic) doesn't integrate yet. I think MapMyRun should work (they were a launch partner right?) but I'm not sure if the app itself works with the band. Has anyone here tried? Runkeeper was partner but also doesn't have a working app on WP. Love the band, but more apps would be nice!

To request Runtastic support, go here (login with runstastic account needed):
https://help.runtastic.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

To request Endomondo integration please vote here:
https://support.endomondo.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203600906-Microsoft-Band-Integration

Please post links to feature requests pages for other apps so I can update this list.

Last edited:

d702

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
The integration with Runkeeper is limited at best... Heart Rate and maps do not transfer between the two. Really only the workout summary is sync'd.

Makes sense no other fitness apps are going to be able to read the heartrate and such, since the MS Band Dev API isn't available until next year.

MyFitnessPal integration is still kinda buggy too. no matter how much I work out, it keeps giving me a negative calorie adjustment (I run 4 miles and it subtracts calories from my daily, rather than add as it should)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense no other fitness apps are going to be able to read the heartrate and such, since the MS Band Dev API isn't available until next year.
Even if the app doesn't interface with the band though, it would be nice if their website would interface with the MS Health data. That way at least you wouldn't have to switch apps in order to keep all your exercise data in one place. For example, I have a lot of data on runtastic.com, and I'm fine running using the MS Band app or even just the band, but afterward I'd like the data to appear on runtastic. From there it could even sync back to the runtastic app on WP after the fact.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got an answer from runtastic. If they're considering it they're certainly not ready to share that with users. "At the moment, we have no concrete plans about the integration with this device. I have forwarded your ticket to our product managers for review."

You can request runtastic support for the MS band here. Not sure if it makes a difference, but at least they'd know that it's not just me.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but isn't the answer to the OP's title & question, "Fitness apps on WP8", None?!?

Nothing on WP8 works with the Band...you have to be 8.1.1 (DP or full release) correct?

d702

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I checked with Endomondo... They also advised they have no current plans to integrate with the device. Fortunately the built in running app has some cool features, like hr zones and gps speed mapping (colors based on speed)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I checked with Endomondo... They also advised they have no current plans to integrate with the device. Fortunately the built in running app has some cool features, like hr zones and gps speed mapping (colors based on speed)
If you have a link to the page or email that you used for the request, I can add it to the first post, thanks!

Edit: nvm, found it. Let me know if there is a better link, or if you have a link for another app that you want to support MSB.

Last edited:

rfulton

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever get an answer to your question? Does "Band" work with 8? I have an Icon so I am stuck on 8 for now. Thx in advance

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever get an answer to your question? Does "Band" work with 8? I have an Icon so I am stuck on 8 for now. Thx in advance

While I do not possess a true WP 8 phone (I currently have WP 8.1 with Cyan), according to the Microsoft Health app on Windowsphone.com (Microsoft Health | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) it says the app requires WP 8.1 to be installed.

EDIT: If you download the Developer's Preview, it will get you WP 8.1.1, even being on Verizon (just be careful as it does void your warranty), and also contains the full features of the Microsoft Band. Without DP or update 1, Cortana cannot be launched from the Band among a few other little things that I can't recall at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb