Able to be returned?

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I have been researching the Band since it was announced and have been following these forums + responses in addition to all of the articles written about it. I tried to purchase it last Thursday, but my local MS store was sold out of the mediums at the top; I was able to try it on from their demo. I put myself down for a pre-order so they will call me once a shipment comes in.

While I love the range of data it is able to provide, the only thing holding me back (outside of the possible scratches issue) is whether or not it will look "good" on me. As I said I tried it on in the store, but I was wearing a long-sleeved business shirt and didn't get a true idea of what I look like with it on. I want to wear it essentially all day and my personal appearance matters.

I was just curious if anyone had any definitive answer as to whether or not you can return an -opened and used- (like a day or so) Band purchased from one of their physical stores for full money back? I looked at their return policy online and says this:

All products must be returned with reasonable care having been taken (such as must not show wear or damage, and must be in a condition that permits us to resell them). All returns and exchanges must be accompanied by the original documentation, instruction manuals, registration, parts and components (including cables, controllers, and accessories) and the original manufacturer packaging. If you are returning software, you must also include all media and product keys. Failure to include such items may prevent or delay your refund or exchange. Microsoft reserves the right to deny any return if it fails to meet the return criteria and conditions.

Microsoft Store will not accept the following items for return: (i) items that have been personalized or customized: (ii) special order items, if not part of a Microsoft Store promotional retail sales offering, (iii) items that have been used, altered or that show wear or damage, (iv) physical and downloadable gift cards and service/subscription cards (i.e Skype, Xbox Live, Xbox Music Pass, Windows Store cards), (v) performed services, (vi) random access memory (?RAM?) products, and (vii) clearance items or those marked with a designation such as ?Final Sale? or ?Non-Returnable.? Please be sure to read the product description carefully before placing your order to ensure that the item will meet your needs.
Additional Conditions:
Hardware, including computers and Xbox (excluding RAM). Returns and exchanges of computers, computer hardware items (including mice, keyboards, and printers), and other hardware items (including Xbox consoles, controllers and accessories), will be honored for thirty (30) days from the date of purchase, provided the item meets our return criteria and it has not been used, altered or shows wear or damage.

I guess I am having a dumb moment, but I'm just hoping I am reading it wrong (because it looks to say once it's opened, no returns!) Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to put a bit of background with my question.

TL;DR: Am I able to return the Microsoft Band if it has been opened and used for a full return?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I have been researching the Band since it was announced and have been following these forums + responses in addition to all of the articles written about it. I tried to purchase it last Thursday, but my local MS store was sold out of the mediums at the top; I was able to try it on from their demo. I put myself down for a pre-order so they will call me once a shipment comes in.

While I love the range of data it is able to provide, the only thing holding me back (outside of the possible scratches issue) is whether or not it will look "good" on me. As I said I tried it on in the store, but I was wearing a long-sleeved business shirt and didn't get a true idea of what I look like with it on. I want to wear it essentially all day and my personal appearance matters.

I was just curious if anyone had any definitive answer as to whether or not you can return an -opened and used- (like a day or so) Band purchased from one of their physical stores for full money back? I looked at their return policy online and says this:

I guess I am having a dumb moment, but I'm just hoping I am reading it wrong (because it looks to say once it's opened, no returns!) Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to put a bit of background with my question.

TL;DR: Am I able to return the Microsoft Band if it has been opened and used for a full return?

I have heard great things about the MS Store's 30 day return policy - basically as long as it doesn't have a cracked screen or look like it's been chucked in a bucket of stones and thrashed around it should qualify for a full refund. However, I'd probably advise you sell it on eBay (as terrible as it is to markup products) - you could probably profit from it too, given what they're selling for on there at the moment :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786