How's Cortana work for you?

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Basically it's Cortana use that really makes this thing useful, at least to me. You get media controls, can text people, etc etc through Cortana. But how well is Cortana working for you guys? When I'm walking around school, for example, I'll tell her to text so and so saying 'whatever'. The band says 'thinking' for a good 45 seconds before going like "sure, e-mail who?" or bringing up search results to something random. I don't have an accent and speak clearly. It's even a challenge to get her to play and artist or skip to 'next track'. How is Cortana working for you guys? For those of you that are using Cortana on the band a lot. I really hope in future updates she becomes more fluid like she is on the phone, because I haven't been able to correctly choose and text a contact since I've gotten the band among other things. I love the band's potential though. For now, talking to Cortana usually gets me the 'thinking' screen for a minute or two before saying 'sorry' or doing something completely wrong

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Basically it's Cortana use that really makes this thing useful, at least to me. You get media controls, can text people, etc etc through Cortana. But how well is Cortana working for you guys? When I'm walking around school, for example, I'll tell her to text so and so saying 'whatever'. The band says 'thinking' for a good 45 seconds before going like "sure, e-mail who?" or bringing up search results to something random. I don't have an accent and speak clearly. It's even a challenge to get her to play and artist or skip to 'next track'. How is Cortana working for you guys? For those of you that are using Cortana on the band a lot. I really hope in future updates she becomes more fluid like she is on the phone, because I haven't been able to correctly choose and text a contact since I've gotten the band among other things. I love the band's potential though. For now, talking to Cortana usually gets me the 'thinking' screen for a minute or two before saying 'sorry' or doing something completely wrong

Unfortunately, Cortana has been iffy. When it works right, its awesome. When it doesn't, its frustrating because it makes those tasks take longer. Sometimes text so and so works perfectly...sometimes it fails hard, sometimes it misses the entire message and asks what is my message. I'm hoping future updates will improve it.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For me she seems to have more trouble understanding me than on the phone. I'm actually not sure how close to the band I need to speak, a mic level indicator during speech would be useful. I also don't like that using Cortana from my band turns on my phone's screen in my pocket. Recently it stayed on after I tried to cancel a failed command, not sure if this was a bug or user error. Wouldn't it make sense to keep the phone locked?

mistaclark

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It's iffy for me as well, through the band. What confuses me though, is my kids enjoy when I demo the "Tell me a joke" or "Sing me a song", but I can't seem to figure out why sometimes it tells me a joke and sings me a song and other times it doesn't verbalize it - I have to read it.

Ejwan2

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I use Cortana a lot more since I got the band. They do need to fix the phone coming on when you use Cortana on the band though. I imagine its in their list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos