Weight lifting

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Does the workouts "app" track weight lifting stats(reps, weights, workout) doesn't seem like it but haven't found anything definitive. If not think it will come?

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Darn good question. I haven't read anything that says it does (still waiting on my band), but hopefully it will. I was looking at the following, but there's no windows phone support:

PUSH

​Would really love it if Microsoft could somehow incorporate something similar in the band.

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
It does not - there is mention (I think in the document about the development of the Band) of how it tracks push-up and other activities when doing a Band workout. I have not tried this yet.

When it comes to weight workouts, I find that the band over estimates the calorie burn (compared to say the Polar Loop with HR monitor). But I think it underestimates non-workout burn, so on aggregate on days when I workout, I think it is fairly accurate. I am hoping the over and underestimation will be fixed soon with a firmware update.

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
That looks really interesting - a little purpose built perhaps. Since the Band has a accelerometer/gyrometer I don't see why this could not be added.

Darn good question. I haven't read anything that says it does (still waiting on my band), but hopefully it will. I was looking at the following, but there's no windows phone support:

PUSH

​Would really love it if Microsoft could somehow incorporate something similar in the band.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I was looking at this for a while, but it was only recently released, and by the time they got it out, Microsoft released its band. Of course, since I have a Lumia, I didn't really consider the push, so its an easy decision for me. Nevertheless, looks like a pretty interesting product for weightlifters.

Benjamin Mendez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have to tell you, don't except much when it comes to weight lifting. The workouts on there are very weak in opinion. Not enough options. I'm sure they can fix this in the future but for now I wasn't impressed with the workouts on there. I need something more advance. What I really want would be to add my own personal workouts.

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It does not. I have been using the band the past 2 days at the gym, but only to track HR and calories burned. I looked at the guided workouts and they are all either bodyweight exercises or don't allow for tracking number of r eps, sets, or weight. For now, I still carry around my phone so I can use my Gym app.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Shucks, would love to see charts and everything about how much weight I'm lifting over time, and how much better/more I'm getting at each exercise. Guess I'm still using Excel.

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I have to tell you, don't except much when it comes to weight lifting. The workouts on there are very weak in opinion. Not enough options. I'm sure they can fix this in the future but for now I wasn't impressed with the workouts on there. I need something more advance. What I really want would be to add my own personal workouts.

That's what I'm waiting for. Or maybe get gymbuilder integration.

Benjamin Mendez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking a separate app would be really nice. Like I said I want to be able to add my own workouts. The workouts on there even though some are label as advance are no where advanced in my opinion. They can do so much more for us the weight lifters. As of now it does tell me when I get a snapchat lol

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking a separate app would be really nice. Like I said I want to be able to add my own workouts. The workouts on there even though some are label as advance are no where advanced in my opinion. They can do so much more for us the weight lifters. As of now it does tell me when I get a snapchat lol

For now I'm just using gym builder to count reps and the band for activity/calorie counting.

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
No. It can't do this yet, but maybe with some enhancements down the road, and when the SKD comes out, a 3rd party will be able to sync up to Band (i.e. GymAce for WP or JetFit for Android).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss