A positive Band review from David Pogue!

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Overall great review. As an Englishman in jealous I can't get the device. The notifications, tie in with wp and the feature set is top notch.

My only concern is lack of adequate water resistance. The fitbit surge has 50m resistance but you lose so many of the cool band features. I'd love to see a hard-core band come out, something you can use in the water (I row) as well as when running or weights.

Overall though, I have to say this is an excellent gen one device!

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Overall great review. As an Englishman in jealous I can't get the device. The notifications, tie in with wp and the feature set is top notch.

My only concern is lack of adequate water resistance. The fitbit surge has 50m resistance but you lose so many of the cool band features. I'd love to see a hard-core band come out, something you can use in the water (I row) as well as when running or weights.

Overall though, I have to say this is an excellent gen one device!

I guess the water resistance thing is a limit of the USB type charging system they have.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
But if you listen to that Windows Weekly podcast, his complaints about the Band are just straight up ridiculous.

Sorry but go back and listen again. He tied it all up as being complex because of the everything and the kitchen sink approach.

I can accept that as a reason.

This is a review, not the words from God. You can agree or disagree.

However some of the people here are acting as if Paul has turned his back on Microsoft and called Big Bill's mom rude names.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but go back and listen again. He tied it all up as being complex because of the everything and the kitchen sink approach.

I can accept that as a reason.

This is a review, not the words from God. You can agree or disagree.

However some of the people here are acting as if Paul has turned his back on Microsoft and called Big Bill's mom rude names.

I have the Band. It is NOT complex. That's where his argument is completely flawed. Just because it has more features than the most basic Fitbit, doesn't make it complex.

It's extremely easy to use. The UI is fantastic. The features are logical and do not try to go beyond what is effective for a watch/fitness band.

He gives plenty of good reasons for other product reviews. But his argument that this this thing is complex is straight up bull****.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos