wishlist: custom exercise mode

chekleto

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought - would be very useful to have a costume exercise mode. Seems to me many people have favorite cardio activity which is not matched well with the two existing modes(run,workout). Would be nice if there is a custom mode which takes additional information to make it more precise for the particular person. Like for example - I like to do treadmill or elliptical, compare the calories counts after few workouts to "calibrate" the mode so it better matches the typical resistance level I chose, etc. Shuldn't be too dificult, given that the band already takes an input variables as wight, height, etc.

It doesn't seems likely to be able to make a single super intelligent algorithm which can match well all the use cases. One or two customizable workouts could do much better job for the individual user. Band is nice, but if it doesn't start getting sophisticated on the software side it will be blown out of the water in six months by the next generation of the competition. Any post processing in the cloud will not do any good if the data is off by a large margin and there is no way to correct it by the measurements form the specialized machines
in the gym, for example.

I do really like the band so far, but I'll not keep it for long on a vague vision of a potential, waiting to be unlisted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett