I'm keeping my Band

sanva

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
We bought 2 with the insurance. As a runner this thing is very accurate and matched up with my previous device and heart rate monitor just fine. When working out at the gym love seeing my heart rate and timing in between my sets.
The notification and watch aspect all an additional bonus that allows one to not look at their phone several times an hour. Love the syncing with my phone and the app.

Thank you MSFT for an enjoyable product.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been using fitness trackers and heart rate monitors for several years, from Polars and Garmins to Nike and Fitbit so I have had much experience with fitness wearables and am quite pleased with all the Band's fitness features. I purchased two as well and have been really enjoying all the Band has to offer. I look forward to what's in store as the platform matures.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Go back and get Microsoft Complete for it. It's still within the time frame of 45 days. It's only $20.00.

Yeah, I got MS Complete when I bought it, but with the shortage of Bands, I was worried that if my Band hit the skids, I'd be out for a month or longer waiting on a replacement. Surely, it was designed for heavy perspiration...I mean, I can't be the only one who sweats when the exercise can I?? ha ha

sanva

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep get the complete. I too am a heavy sweater have replaced bose and other headphones frequently (under warranty). I decided the $20 was a no brainer. Btw just wearing this it can get in the way of normal tasks so breakage can occur at any time.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Go back and get Microsoft Complete for it. It's still within the time frame of 45 days. It's only $20.00.
I tried to get Complete post sale but was told there's no way they can do that at the moment. Need to ring again next month. I took the call ref in case they try and screw me over and say been too long...

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
We bought 2 with the insurance. As a runner this thing is very accurate and matched up with my previous device and heart rate monitor just fine. When working out at the gym love seeing my heart rate and timing in between my sets.
The notification and watch aspect all an additional bonus that allows one to not look at their phone several times an hour. Love the syncing with my phone and the app.

Thank you MSFT for an enjoyable product.
Thanks! It's really refreshing to see a few "I'm NOT returning it" threads to counter the more negative ones. There's NOTHING wrong with hating a product and wanting to return it -- but I'm often puzzled when users have the impulse to dive onto the forum one last time to tell everyone else in the community that they're leaving.

Check that. I've actually HAD that impulse myself on a few occasions. But I still don't understand it. :grin:

-Matt

Last edited:

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
+1 Keeping.. never had a fitness tracker so there may very well be something better.. but this thing works great ! Between notifications and fitness.. The integration between the band and MFP is reasonable I think.. features should only get better as well. Charging is no big deal.. I shower twice a day (morning/after workout) so that provides enough to keep the thing charged. I'm not going to wear ANYTHING while I shower so.. :) it charges.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I honestly haven't decided if I'm keeping or returning, but I'm definitely keeping an open mind. I really want this to work, but have found it to be buggy.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
A quick 2 cents: it was the first time I've ever bought a device within a day of learning about it, and even stranger, that I dropped $200 without biting my nails for weeks first. Definitely it was the specs that sold me, though TBH it never once occurred to me that they wouldn't work. The Microsoft brand to my eye is worth quite a bit more than other fly-by-nights, so I assumed I'd strap it on and my expectations would be met.

So far that's largely true. To enumerate a few examples:

- consistently good experiences with HRM, though I suspect it's running a bit on the fast side for me
- surprised that it estimates my indoor running distances within a few hundredths of a mile, though not across different speeds
- excellent connection to my Android phone (HTC One) and constant stream of notifications (no problem with vibration)
- GPS is spot on (too bad about battery life though)
- not sure the sleep data mean much, but it is tracking *something* LOL
- several of the sensors (esp. GSR and body temp) are not exposed but we may get access later on

The largest disappointments for me so far are:

- yeah, I can't believe how soft the bezel is (and I'm way compulsive about scratches)
- darn, typing/mousing is nearly impossible, but I hate to take it off for hours

and for me, the biggest peeve is:

- terribly woeful integration with MFP

I realize that we'll see better MFP integration in the coming months, but as a big fan of tech (who's weathered storms like these more times than I can count) I can feel it deep in my bones that we'll NEVER see it well done, at least not with MyFitnessPal. It's half-baked and half-a**ed at this point, which means it will only get *marginally* better. (OTOH, I have very high expectations for what we'll see next year on Microsoft's HealthVault -- if that isn't excellent I will definitely let off some steam about that!)

As I've already ranted on another thread (my FIRST post!), I won't repeat myself in toto here, but the basic concern is this: I'm wearing a device on my wrist almost 24 hours a day that provides "accurate" data on my daily calorie burn, and YET MFP insists on giving me four predetermined options for activity level (sendentary, lightly active, active, and very active) with fixed daily burn levels. Why my exercise calories and steps are transferred (and not always accurately) from the Band and not my total calories is a mystery.

tl;dr Love the Band, don't mind being an early adopter, and looking forward to planned firmware updates. MFP integration is pretty sad.

-Matt

Last edited:

sjjones

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
keeping mine, other then replacing my Fitbit force as my activity tracker, the band is wonderful in meetings , when driving at dinners etc for understanding what's going on digitally around me, its a great when you don't have to be rude by picking up and viewing your phone all the time just a twist of your wrist and you have everything

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon