Feature Suggestions for Microsoft Band?

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't run, but I bike. Have yet to make it to the trail to try it out since I got my band, but will today. However, being in the 40s around here, I doubt I'll sweat enough to bother it like you guys are mentioning.

Mike Cherry

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see a battery status/percentage tile or some type of indicator on watch face. A tile for music....play/pause/back/forward and a scratch resistance screen/glass.

kevogt

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Having read through a few suggestions, I'm not sure what was and wasn't already recommended, but I'd like to see the following added/changed:
- When charging, _always_ show the percentage (currently this only shows if you've turned the Watch = On)
- I like the Watch = On, but I wish we could choose a few different clock display settings (analog or actual clock face, different fonts, different sizes, different orientation of the clock, ability to add/remove month/day, just more fun things to make it more interesting/appealing, etc)
- For the alarm, maybe change the default to on
- Speaking of the alarm, allow us to checkbox the day(s) of the week when we want the alarm set
- I also echo the request to respond to a text after you've received it. In addition, the option to delete a text (phone number and Cortana alert) would be beneficial too to cut down on the clutter
- If you're tracking your sleep and you leave the sleep timer ON but wake up for the day, it would be great to have it vibrate (after 100 steps?) to ask you if you'd like to remain "sleeping" or wake up

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Having read through a few suggestions, I'm not sure what was and wasn't already recommended, but I'd like to see the following added/changed:
- When charging, _always_ show the percentage (currently this only shows if you've turned the Watch = On)
- I like the Watch = On, but I wish we could choose a few different clock display settings (analog or actual clock face, different fonts, different sizes, different orientation of the clock, ability to add/remove month/day, just more fun things to make it more interesting/appealing, etc)
- For the alarm, maybe change the default to on
- Speaking of the alarm, allow us to checkbox the day(s) of the week when we want the alarm set
- I also echo the request to respond to a text after you've received it. In addition, the option to delete a text (phone number and Cortana alert) would be beneficial too to cut down on the clutter
- If you're tracking your sleep and you leave the sleep timer ON but wake up for the day, it would be great to have it vibrate (after 100 steps?) to ask you if you'd like to remain "sleeping" or wake up

Awesome! Definitely appreciated for the response. If you don't mind, create a login over on the User Voice page and upvote those similar to what you mentioned, comment on, or create new ideas!

Microstrap Suggestions: Hot (53 ideas) ? Customer Feedback for microstrap

PandaCodeRed

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Bike Mode
Sport Mode

Run keeper keeps sending me emails congratulating me on all the strength training I'm doing. When I'm really just biking and playing basketball...

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Joe, thanks again for setting up the suggestion page -- forgive me for not checking it first for this idea but:

I assume many/most/all of you have discovered that you can double-click the "Action" button during Run mode.

ec52d16c-2d01-483b-9417-f36264dfa18c.png

The basic idea (as I understand it) is that you can set up the Run mode display to include 3 readouts (e.g., duration, pace, and distance) -- tapping the Action button twice makes the three values "rotate" so that one of the smaller ones becomes the bigger one, etc.

I have two thoughts. First, the "Pull-down" feature (the tab that reveals a second readout screen) in Run mode though clever is almost useless to me while running -- it takes a dozen tries to work while sweating, and as I've noted before, holding my hand steady while running causes my estimated pace to slow to a crawl. So I'd LOVE to see the option to change the double-click so that it replaces the pull-down feature.

Second and more generally, as far as I can tell, the double-click is not programmed any where else on the watch interface. I'm sure there are a number of places it could be used...like:

- when viewing notifications, double-click - DELETE ALL
- if GPS is searching during Run mode, double-click escapes back out of run mode (currently you have to start then end the run to kill it)
- while running, double-click manually forces a new lap/split

Just a few easy things that could be added. :)

Oh and one more thing: I'd like to see a "scroll-lock" feature on the main menu when swiping with the finger, which causes the icons to shift exactly "one" screen, i.e., to the next three icons!

​-Matt

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
How about a Hiking Tile? I use the run tile now but when I share to FB my friends are confused as they know I don't like running.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How about a Hiking Tile? I use the run tile now but when I share to FB my friends are confused as they know I don't like running.
Judging from what they did with the biking tile it looks like they want the tiles to be a whole thing, with bike specific guided workouts etc. So I think it's likely that they'll add hiking, but it might take quite a while.

Personally I would like it if we could add a custom tile, choosing from say fifty icons for different sports, and picking which sensors should be tracked.

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The new update is awesome! I really like the added keyboard and the text reply for AFTER reading. Updated it this morning and already used it twice!

Don't know if they read your page you created Joe, but there's some things taken from it!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The new update is awesome! I really like the added keyboard and the text reply for AFTER reading. Updated it this morning and already used it twice!

Don't know if they read your page you created Joe, but there's some things taken from it!
Exactly, I was happy to see that. I've tried marking some of these 'completed' already in the list, but if you spot other requests from uservoice that have been taken care of, let me know and I'll update the issue.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Judging from what they did with the biking tile it looks like they want the tiles to be a whole thing, with bike specific guided workouts etc. So I think it's likely that they'll add hiking, but it might take quite a while.
I wouldn't be so sure. From a IT perspective, I don't think there's any difference between hiking, walking and running. They just use the term "running" as that's what most people would do.

Biking is different because the step count in irrelevant, but it does have a need for the GPS that "exercise" doesn't have. I'd think a new tile is more likely if they find there's a need to process a "hike" differently from a "run".

tma72

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Turn on/off GPS mode in guided Runing, and Bike workout plans, to help track not only cal etc. but distance, speed & route.

Ser_Jake

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would absolutely love to have playback controls for whatever is playing on my phone. At the gym or on a run, it becomes a hassle for me to fish my phone out of my pocket when I want to skip a song or adjust the volume, and it's hard to find headphones with playback controls that are compatible with WP.
Play/pause, skip and previous are all I need, though volume, shuffle and repeat would be nice too. 😁

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss