Yossarian2014

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
As an experiment I have my band setup with:
- Brightness Low
- Haptic Feedback Low
- Watch Mode off
- Daily Heart Rate monitoring on

Been on a trip all week with no time to workout so have just been wearing my band 24 hours a day but no GPS use, runs or gym sessions.
Put on band on Monday AM after a full charge, currently Friday at 10AM and still registering 30% so not bad at all.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
While the GPS-related battery life has been discussed elsewhere, I did a trial with what is a typical programme for me. Setup:
  • low haptic alert
  • low brightness
  • daily heart monitoring on
  • watch mode disabled
  • alerts on for email, messages, phone, calendar, Cortana and weather tile added.

On Tuesday morning, I had the Band battery totally depleted until it switched off. I then charged it up to 100%. In the afternoon I did a 55 minute gym session with the training monitoring and screen on. I monitored the Tuesday-Wednesday night sleep. On Wednesday I did a 53 minute gym session keeping the screen on throughout. I also monitored last night's sleep.

I have maybe checked the heart rate by switching on the screen for 40 or so times over the past two days and tested the Cortana integration a couple of times. Since the last hour I have turned on the watch mode in order to see when the battery is depleted, and it should be any time now. However, the band has been in use for 48 hours with two hours of exercise and two nights tracked. It is pretty decent battery life. I expected it to be worse, to be honest.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
It's hit or miss. My band was at 50% when I went for a short run yesterday morning. About 1.5 miles in I got the low battery warning. It held on until I got home (~3.25 miles) and was at 10%. Going from 50% to 10% in a matter of minutes is unacceptable. Why have a GPS sensor if you can't use it without draining the battery?

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
mine are:
- low haptic
- auto brightness
- watch mode off
- heart monitor on
- Tiles: have 2 more to add if i want
messaging (alerts off (get way too many), cortana, calls, calender, exercise, sleep, alarm&timer, Weather, UV, Starbucks, Facebook Messenger (alerts off)

Mine lasts about 3-4 days depends if i use it a lot. i think when people use the haptic alerts on everything and on high it will suck the battery like crazy as well as email alerts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa