Activity Trackers for Windows Phone? Fitbit, Misfit, Band, Any Others??

Alec Owens

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the hunt for an activity tracker, I know there's app support for Misfit (I'm thinking the Flash), and Fitbit (I'm thinking the Charge), but are there any others out there worth considering? Any feedback from those with the Misfit or the Fitbit welcome too!

The closer to a smartwatch the better! (N.b. Band not available here in the UK yet, not sure when it will be released, and might be too pricey)

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the hunt for an activity tracker, I know there's app support for Misfit (I'm thinking the Flash), and Fitbit (I'm thinking the Charge), but are there any others out there worth considering? Any feedback from those with the Misfit or the Fitbit welcome too!

The closer to a smartwatch the better! (N.b. Band not available here in the UK yet, not sure when it will be released, and might be too pricey)

The Misfit Flash doesn't work with the current app (although it says it's coming soon). I have the Shine with my Lumia 1020 and I love everything about it except for the app, which is terrible to say the least. It wipes my progress on my Shine back to what it was on my phone and is a little buggy. If you can live without the waterproofing/swim tracking (personally that's why I'm clinging onto mine), then at this point in time I would say go for the Charge. Software is very much upgradeable, but at this point in time the UX for WP users isn't too flash...

cz9h3d

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
As a windows phone user, I personally would like a "band" to (1) serve up notifications from my phone (tired of missing calls when I forget to turn it off vibrate) and (2) track fitness. Unfortunately it seems like the Microsoft Band is the only fully workable option at present. I like the features of the band, but would like something less "bulky", and am willing to trade off some of the features (and price).
I'm sure some of my issue is that this category is growing every day, features being added, etc - and of course they target iOS and Android to maximize market share. However, it may cause me to throw my Sim back into my iPhone 5S in order to get what I want for now.....

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget about the Razor Nabu. It's probably the most smartwatch vs. fitness tracker. They have apps available for WP though their site says some features are limited.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Fitbit Surge, although if you follow the fitbit support community it'll make you nervous about trying it! Mine should be arriving tomorrow, and I already have the MS Band, so it'll be interesting to compare/contrast the two.

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I dont know about others tracker but Lumia 63x,73x,83x and 93x have Motion Data enabled so it has the step counter and other fitness trackers in built in the Health and Fitness app provided by MS which I do use it on regular basis and I do love it. So if you are happy to carry your mobile during workouts then Lumia mobile is sufficient :):evil:

Alec Owens

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
So I went for a Fitbit Charge (for now) to keep me amused..

Pedenke, just looked into the razor will be interesting to see how well it does when its fully stocked!

Cz9h3d, I'm with you... I'll certainly be keeping an eye on anything that comes out in the next few months, in particular the fitbit surge.

It would be nice if Microsoft rushed a 'revised band' for the UK / EU release, something a little slicker... Will keep dreaming though ;)

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the misfit shine, and just to echo what jojoe said: Device is great, app is less great.

Actually the app is awesome from a superficial perspective- it's fully decked out with all of 8.1's features (which very few apps actually do even after 8.1 has been out for so long), however it has a tendency to erase progress from the device rather than sync the device's progress to the phone.

The windows 8 app syncs just must fine, though, and the shine can hold up to 30 days of data, so syncing with it is no problem.

qwertyaa

Banned
Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
What will you say about Withings Pulse O2? I want to track my heart rate. I don't want to buy a tracker without the heart rate feature.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
So I went for a Fitbit Charge (for now) to keep me amused..

Pedenke, just looked into the razor will be interesting to see how well it does when its fully stocked!

Cz9h3d, I'm with you... I'll certainly be keeping an eye on anything that comes out in the next few months, in particular the fitbit surge.

It would be nice if Microsoft rushed a 'revised band' for the UK / EU release, something a little slicker... Will keep dreaming though ;)

Just some information about the nabu now that it's been out for a little bit. (For some of us at least)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/smartwatches/331081-razer-nabu.html

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Wellograph is another option. Does activity tracking and heart rate tracking. It's supposed to get a new firmware any day now which adds sleep tracking.

The Withings Pulse O2 doesn't work with Windows Phone and doesn't have heart rate tracking either (it just allows you to measure heart rate when you take it out of its holder/strap and hold it against a finger when not moving).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers