[Band] USB Device Not Recognized

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
When attempting to use the Band sync app on my Windows 8.1 PC, I receive the title message. Also, the Band does not indicate it is being charged.

I have tried several different USB ports (Both 2.0 and 3.0) with the same result. Also tried on a Mac running Yosemite. The Band will indicate it is being charged but the sync software says it is not connected. This leaves me to conclude the Band itself is having a problem.

Any advice?

As far as indicating charging are you talking about the icon to the upper left of the screen that indicates charging or the percentage of charge on the right side. The percentage charge will only show if you have watch mode enabled in settings.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, after dinking around with this issue since my original post, I think I've found a solution.

Set-up the Band as usual (Turn on Watch Mode if not already on.)
Open the app. If it automatically signs into your Microsoft account - sign out.
Attach the Band.
If the app does not automatically sign back into your Microsoft account do so now.

Following this procedure my Band finally connected, synced and checked for any firmware updates - just like it should.

The tip-off was an error message I received when trying to connect the Band via an iMac. It reported a http 501 error which basically means invalid log-in.

Tried this and it didn't work for me. I even did a "Factory Reset" on the bad and no go. I still get this error. My USB hard drive works, so it shouldn't be the USB port or drivers on the computer.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I too tried signing out and in, and still without connection to the Band. I do get acknowledgment that the Band is connected in Win7. So its clearly something between the Band and Band Sync app.

It may have something to do with Feb Windows update on second Tuesday.

Guess just have to wait until iPh version of app updates...

JEC1973

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The PC app is only for the use of Microsoft technical support if your band has a problem. Deinstall the app and it will charge fine, sync is done with your mobile as are OTA updates and you can use the online dashboard at the official microsoft band website.

I have just done this and my band now charges fine from the PC

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
What -only for use by technical support? Not right. The app was made available to Band users last fall. The app was designed to supplement the one on mobile devices. FWIW, the desktop app has some issues like that noted by mkg3.

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
The same here.
USB Device Not Recognized

Just got my band, installed sync application in my Windows 7 SP1, plugged the usb cable when requested..
..windows searching for drivers....
...searching windows update...
...searching local folders.....
no driver found.

WTF!

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone that's having band recognized from windows could please try tu use this tool "BooZed double driver" tool to extract driver? (sorry cannot post links yet)
Please.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The PC app is only for the use of Microsoft technical support if your band has a problem. Deinstall the app and it will charge fine, sync is done with your mobile as are OTA updates and you can use the online dashboard at the official microsoft band website.

I have just done this and my band now charges fine from the PC

Untrue.

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I extracted driver from Windows 8.1 installation, manually installed in 7, band has been recognized by windows but as Windows Usb Device.

Sync couldn't see it.
Renamed the device to "Microsoft Band" in Windows registry, it shows perfectly in device manager but sync app kept not seeing it.

Updated to 8.1 and solved my problem directly.

In Windows 10 works fine too.

Thanks everybody for the non-support.

caihuire

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem too... My problem is that when I connect the band to my PC it it charges, but it doesn't show up in my device manager, and hence not recognized by the sync app. I have been syncing mostly with my phone but I also sync my band on the PC once a day... Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks.

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same problem too... My problem is that when I connect the band to my PC it it charges, but it doesn't show up in my device manager, and hence not recognized by the sync app. I have been syncing mostly with my phone but I also sync my band on the PC once a day... Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks.

I tried with Windows 7 in all the possible ways, I ended with the conclusion that, dispite of what they say, it is NOT compatible with 7.
No problem with 8.1 and 10.

caihuire

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
But I'm using windows 8.1 and it used to work until the latest firmware upgrade... I assume somehow the upgrade has something to do with it but I guess I can live with not syncing with my computer LOL

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ghotz

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
But I'm using windows 8.1 and it used to work until the latest firmware upgrade... I assume somehow the upgrade has something to do with it but I guess I can live with not syncing with my computer LOL
Not sure, I'm also on 8.1 and I have the same problem but it my case it worked after the firmware upgrade although sometimes I had to plug & unplug a couple of times. Now that I've updated the Band Sync App (1.3.10423.3) it's not working.

mjh127

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar issue. As I have a Blackberry and I cannot connect the Band to my smartphone, I have to use my PC. For 5 days I could connect the Band with my PC. . Now I cannot connect the Band with my PC, nor with a second or third PC. The Band is charged through the USB port, but cannot connect to the PC. Do not try to reset the Band, you will not be able to reconnect it to your PC.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Same here, after the previous FW update no connection with the PC anymore...

I left Android for this reason but now everyone seems to apply the same update policy: Make a bit and break a bit everytime 😈

Via Tapatalk de mon splendide Lumia 930

Skaughtto

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This fixed the issue on my Windows 8 computer:

USB Device not recognized - Microsoft Community

Method 1:

I would first suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to your computer and try the steps given below.

Note: Ghost devices are the previously installed devices which are not connected but the drivers for that device is still present in the computer and sometimes shows in the devices list.

To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:
1.Open the Start menu.
2.Swipe to the upper right corner to bring charm bar.
3.Type cmd in search box.
4.Select cmd from the displayed list, right click and Open as administrator.
5.At the command prompt, type in set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
6.(Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)
7.On the next command prompt line, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.
8.In the Device Manager Console, from the View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.

As you expand the different drivers and devices in the device manager, you will see not only the items that Windows currently detects as installed on your PC; but you will also see drivers, devices, and services which have been loaded in the past but were not uninstalled or are not currently started. You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose uninstall to remove it from the system completely.

Note that ghost devices, drivers, and services are ?grayed? out, but that does not necessarily mean that you should delete all of them. Only remove items you know you do not need. Be careful that you do not change too many devices.

Once you have removed the ghost drivers completely from the system, try to reinstall the drivers for the Webcam and check if it helps.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't find a solution, the fix does not work for me.
I have installed on machines that didn't have the band on before - Win7 and W8.1 and still get the same error.
Use the cable that came with the band and a new spare cable.

When it started I thought it was the contacts needed cleaning but now I see other people having the error and my contacts are clean so it must be something else - from what some people write it happened after an update like mine so I am hoping there is a fix at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss