Anyone developed a rash/bumps?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't as severe as some of the pictures, but still getting a light rash from using MS band :( Posted suggestions are not working for me so far (other than switching out the device which I didn't try yet)

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been noticing some redness on my wrist where the charging contact points touch my wrist. The skin in that area is smooth, no bumps or rash, and it does not feel painful, itchy or any have any other sensitivity. It just looks red in that spot. I've gone 2 days without the Band because I lost my charging cable on vacation over the weekend, so the redness is finally starting to fade.

I'm not sure if this is a different issue that others are describing or if it is just a very mild case of it, but the bit of redness that I was seeing hasn't really caused me any concern yet.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I saw a new theory advanced on the rashes seen on some users of the FitBit Force. Perhaps there is some cause which could be related to the rash seen by some MS Band users. Apparently the introduction of sweat into the charging port of the Force causes a chemical reaction, producing toxic compounds like Sodium Hydroxide, which would indeed cause a skin irritation or burn. Exclusive: Stunning discovery about Fitbit bands and mystery rashes | abc13.com

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried getting a new band. It was OK for a month or so but am now getting the same issue. Think I am going to give up on the band for now and see if the version2 has the same problem when it comes out. A shame as I really like it apart from this rash problem.

yaguirr1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same exact problem and it looks just like yours. Except I clean mine regularly. Do you still have this issue?

Thanks

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Puts some blue star ointment on it for about a week. You will notice after day 1 it will start clearing up. Keep the band wiped down and dry and stop wearing the band really tight. It needs to have some air flow.

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Puts some blue star ointment on it for about a week. You will notice after day 1 it will start clearing up. Keep the band wiped down and dry and stop wearing the band really tight. It needs to have some air flow.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've never been bothered by my Band that I've had about 4 months now. On days where I've gone without it, I've noticed some redness beneath the surface of my skin, but nothing that has worried me. The skin itself doesn't show any signs of a rash, bumps, dry skin, or anything. I don't feel any discomfort, so without the slight discoloration, I wouldn't even have realized that the Band was affecting my arm at all.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I developed the rash after about 2 days. My wife suggested that I was wearing it too tight so I loosened it about 2 notches and the rash has more or less started clearing up.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I've had my band for 4-5 months and this happened to me for the first time yesterday...the only difference I can say I did was that I made it as tight as I ever had it before because I got tired of it slipping down.
rash.jpg

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been swapping my band to my other arm when I sleep. But then I got a "line rash" on my sleeping arm, so I stopped doing that. I'm not sure what triggered it. But I'm now wearing my Band on my "day" arm 23/7 with no problems.

Michael Pelland

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey. I thought I was alone in this. I had my band for 5 months now. For the first 2.5 months no rash or bumps. Suddenly the rash started after 2.5 months and I've been wearing it less(thus less enjoyment). I also noticed that the charging thing got harder to attach around the same time(it didn't always set in right with the contacts touching). On closer examination now, you can see that there are a few deformations and bumps in the metal surrounding the charger contacts and the sensor. Also, on the left and right side of the wrist, the plastic has begun peeling back, exposing more metal components, I wonder if that will cause irritation as well now.
I had not cleaned my band with anything at all in the last 5 months other than wiping the screen, but after reading this thread, I am going to try keeping the band on until my skin gets used to it, and cleaning it once a day with alcohol.

I think band 2 will have less of this issue, because from all the pictures it looks to have less metal in contact with the skin. Maybe the engineers have taken this thread as feedback and actually changed the design. I certainly love the band, and will continue to support it, if not band 2, the next iteration for sure.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, BUT, I may have the definitive answer.

I suffer a lot with this rash. My wife bought me a Stainless steel Citizen Red Arrows watch. ?450!! Within a week I had the exact same rash. Luckily, having bought it online, she was able to return it under the distance selling regulations in the UK. She bought me the titanium version. Rash cleared up.

I had allergy tests at the Docs and nothing set it off. Anyways, after much trial and error, it was diagnosed as a reaction in the Stainless Steel. When you sweat, the salts in the sweat react with the stainless steel, which releases nickle, causing the rash. This can be exaggerated with a 'fitness' tracker, as invariably you will be sweating when wearing it.

I have not had the problem with the titanium watch.

There is a way of reducing the chance of the rash. The dermatologist told me to apply clear nail varnish!! Yes, really! I tried it on my Breitling, which has a stainless bracelet, and no issues! Could be tricky on the band though. I only got mine today (reduced prices rock!!), so I'm having a tinker with some kind of cover. If I can get the cut outs in the right place, I'll be chuffed. I've got some sheets of clear plastic, which, like laminating sheets, react to heat and stick firm.

Rafa Rios

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Support replaced mine and I got the same problem with the new one.... Will get a refund but Microsoft is not answering my questions regarding how are they going to deal with the rash problem. Since I sent the band back to MS I do not have the rash bit I have a dark mark that looks permanent. WP_20151016_001.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo