Does the band in physical stores still come with a screen protector now?

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've paid someone to buy a band from physical shops for me. Just wondering does the band sold in physical shops still come with a screen protector, or I have to order a protector separately? Many thanks.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Given the limited number of Bands and the location of the screen when you wear it, I think Microsoft specially ordered the screen protectors from their supplier. There is no economic incentive to make them otherwise.

Darin Hamel

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Do I need to recheck the bag? Holy crap, whats this? Invisible shield, HD.... Huh, the sales person didn't mention this. He talked about the Starbucks that I don't drink, but not this shield thingy.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My friend got a couple from the Atlanta store but didn't get the protectors or the starbucks voucher. Had to order a protector from amazon [i'm in the UK]

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Got mine this past Sunday and it came with the protector and SB card. Tell your "agent" to make sure he requests them (he shouldn't have to, but I imagine that requesting will further ensure that they are received).

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
When I bought mine a little more than 2 weeks ago, I was given a screen protector and a $5 Starbucks gift card.

Because I was an ***** and screwed up putting the free protector on my Band... *grumble grumble* I went back to the Microsoft store in Charlotte and had to purchase a new one (I asked them to put it on so I wouldn't mess it up again haha). The associate seemed to believe that, at least in Charlotte's store, the screen protectors were solely to be given out when a customer purchased a Band and that they weren't actually for normal sale. It turned out that they could sell them (they're $10 a piece, by the way), but he made it seem like they would always be tied to a Band's purchase - thus, for now, being free.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
as a side note, I was also offered a $20 no questions asked warranty which i scooped up as well. No matter who the manufacture is, a wrist workout gizmo is bound to break.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
They had a display with the screen protectors right under the Bands at one of the local MSFT here in the Bay Area. I'm not sure if they were selling them separately or still giving them with the Band.

Chacko Mathai

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I didn't get my screen protector when I ordered mine from the online Store. I tried to wear it 1 day without a screen protector- 3 DEEP scratches on the bezel :(

ChemEngr

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The one I got last week from MS online store DID NOT have the screen protector or starbucks card. I was surprised. Has anyone gone to a physical store to ask for these freebies? I plan to go sometime soon and get the extended warranty too.

Jon Hemphill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I got mine last week, and got the screen protector. The agent even put it on for me. Didn't get the Starbucks gift card though - I should go back and see if I can still get a SB card.

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering about this. Picked up one from the local store today and no protector or starbucks card. I guess that goodwill gesture is done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro