Time for more discounts! Shop all the best Cyber Monday deals NOW

Ordering a small if this fits. Also, are the bands not changeable if it doesn't fit?

thanks
    12-15-2014 06:01 PM
    Ordering a small if this fits. Also, are the bands not changeable if it doesn't fit?
    No, you have to exchange it for another device. The band itself if part of the unit and not detachable. In fact, the sides contains the battery and the clasp has the heart rate sensor.

Because of the ridged sides of the band, it's not measured in circumference, but height.
    mpovolo likes this.
    12-15-2014 06:25 PM
    There is no way your wrist is 6.5cm in circumference. It is the circumference of my forefinger.
    12-16-2014 05:50 AM
    Surely you mean 6.5 inches? 6.5 cm is 2.55 inches and you'd need a doctor, not a health band.

Assuming 6.5 inches you may still be a medium. The small is really quite small. I went to a MS store to try them on because I was concerned with my skinny wrists (which are actually 7.5" around). I was surprised to find I was a medium and even then not using the tightest setting. You'll likely be a medium, but you should try one on if at all possible.

Check out reddit too , as this was discussed there. /r/MicrosoftBand/
    12-18-2014 11:52 AM
    Just go try one on.
    12-18-2014 11:54 AM
    In canada so can't try it.

​thanks, will try my luck with medium
    11B1P likes this.
    12-19-2014 12:27 AM
    There is a PDF document on the Microsoft website you can print out to determine the size to buy.

Make sure you select printer to 100% and then MEASURE the ruler on the paper to check it really printed to size. If it didn't, tweak and reprint until it measures correctly.

Then you hold your hand over the paper and it shows the size to buy.
    12-19-2014 10:48 PM
    There is a PDF document on the Microsoft website you can print out to determine the size to buy.
    I think that's a poor method. Probably due to parallax errors because your wrist is so far above the page. I'd go by the measurements found here.

In my case the measurements on the page says "medium", but when I tried to use the PDF guide, it was well into the "large" area. Medium is my right size.
    Last edited by DroidUser42; 12-20-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    12-20-2014 08:33 PM
    Is the screen size the same, regardless of the Band size? Example, my wife is wearing a medium and she has it as tight as it will go, but it is still a bit too big. If she gets a size small Band, is the screen going to be just as big on her wrist?
    12-27-2014 04:29 PM
    The only difference between the sizes is the "height" between the back of the display and the heart rate sensor. The display itself is the same for all sizes. For smaller wrists, I fully expect to see a gap on the sides of the wrist between the skin and the inside of the band. As long as the two metal sensors are in firm contact, it's the right size.
    11B1P likes this.
    12-27-2014 11:20 PM
    For future references, my wife and I both sized our wrists to the guide. Bought the appropriate sizes per the guide, then had to return them get one size smaller.
    01-08-2015 03:03 PM
    My wrist measures just over 6.5" and I have a Large Band. It gives me a good working range of where to wear the Band. Also, I don't like having tightly fitted watch so the Band fits loosely where it can move up and down couple of inches on my wrist.

I tried Medium at the store and that would work but felt bit tight so opted for Large.
    01-08-2015 03:13 PM