Surge vs Band

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I use MS health vault but I hate the band does not sync with it but when I think on the surge those comments about notification taking up to 10 minutes makes me think which one should I pick up.

To clarify, my experience with the Surge notifications was a lag of about 10 seconds. Which with a phone call means being able to answer or missing the call.

Last edited:

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
To clarify, my experience with the Surge notifications was a lag of about 10 seconds. Which with a phone call means being able to answer or missing the call.

Thanks!! I just bought the surge. I heard it got a firm update so they have continues support. I hope I do not regret. I'm from Mexico in the worse case I can sell it here and get the band

pil71

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Surge is going back. MB is at least in the ball park for HR and calories during workouts (far from perfect). Surge failed to deliver. Very poor HR detection, inaccurate calories. Also somewhat slower GPS lock. Very disappointing

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I saw a post .. I think on the Band Support site about doing a soft reset to eliminate some of the inaccuracies. I for one have had ZERO issues with the heart rate, calories burn, pedometer etc.. it is IMO very accurate.. I have verified by manually check my pulse using a garmin GPS and comparing workout calorie burn estimates via MFP and it is pretty spot on..

I guess I'm not seeing all the "issues" unless you mean comfort or some such.. AFA using the device it has worked beautifully for me. I don't see a need at this point to have a separate food intake and tracking outside of MFP. But that is just me and I block googles ads in my browser so the site work quite nicely ;)

FWIW.. I work out pretty much everyday (Insanity) so it's not like I'm Paul Thurrott measuring my heart rate doing 12 oz curls ;) (all due respect to Paul) Just sayn

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
agreed I went on a 45min bike ride with a Garmin strap on my chest and got 148 vs 150 avg heart rate. good enough for government work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos