Band Sensor Monitor

swndg86

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tested this out yet? The app allows you to monitor all of the sensors on the Band, even the "hidden" ones
h t t p://w w w.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/band-sensor-monitor/68f97b41-de2f-4579-a473-5d476a5c5196
Monitor your Microsoft Band embedded sensors in real time, even the hidden ones not directly exposed by the companion app!!

Share your Band sensor values to specific users over the Internet.
With the exclusive Band Remote Control features, your friends can send direct messages to your Band, and make it vibrate too :)

Sensors:
★ Heart Rate frequency (Bpm)
★ Skin temperature (F?)
★ Galvanic Skin Response (KOhm)
★ Ultra Violet index (UV)
★ Ambient Light Sensor (Lux)

Remote features:
★ monitor all Band sensors
★ send direct messages on the Band screen
★ vibrate the Band

The app connects to a lightning fast Real Time SignalR service hosted on Azure. Streamed data is completely anonymous and not saved in any way.

Trial version: time unlimited, some features are disabled.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought it just because it's just so cool to look at the readings from the sensors, but I haven't figured out how it's going to be of much use to me at present. But now I'm really psyched to see programs incorporate these monitors into practical apps. Especially the Galvanic Skin Resistance monitor, I'd love to see a Biofeedback app and maybe incorporating several of the sensors into running and other sports apps.

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Anyone using this app....have you noticed battery drain? The only thing I have done differently in the past two weeks was to download and use this app. In the past week, my band battery has been completely drained by the end of the day. I have not been able to use it for sleep monitoring for the last two nights because I notice that the band is dead when I get into bed, so I just set it on the charger over night. Just wondering if anyone has experience something similar. This new issue may have nothing to do with the app, but I thought I would confer to see if it could be the issue. Thanks!

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I come from the world of Android...but based on the demo I saw it looks like it polls the Band continuously (maybe once per second). Not sure what the app does when it's in the background, but I'd suspect that's what's happening (remember that left to its own devices, the Band and your phone would normally communicate much less often). Is there a way to exit completely out of the app so that it leaves the Band in peace when you don't need the data? Or maybe there's a setting within the app to control polling frequency?

-Matt

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone using this app....have you noticed battery drain? The only thing I have done differently in the past two weeks was to download and use this app. In the past week, my band battery has been completely drained by the end of the day. I have not been able to use it for sleep monitoring for the last two nights because I notice that the band is dead when I get into bed, so I just set it on the charger over night. Just wondering if anyone has experience something similar. This new issue may have nothing to do with the app, but I thought I would confer to see if it could be the issue. Thanks!

I have not noticed my battery usage going down quicker since installing this app. In the latest update it actually shows the exact battery usage. Test it, see if you can make it spike etc

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Make sure that your sensors in the Band Sensor Monitor app are not left toggled on when you are done using the app. Otherwise, I think that does drain the battery, but if you toggle them off, I don't think it affects the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon