getting data into HealthVault

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think I made it work. a bit kludgey, but here goes.

step 1: connect the ms health app to MyFitnessPal. then it will push your workouts (but not sleep, or overall calories burned) to MFP.

step 2: connect MFP to FitBit account. it will push your foods, workouts, etc to FB. (it says there is no 2-way synching, but somehow it got my weight from my FB Aria scale so that's cool). I voice-logged some Doritos into FB using Cortana, but that didn't make it back to MFP

step 3: connect FB to HealthVault. you have to do this from inside HV but it works. though I think the sync is only once a day.

why do I want everything in HV? hrm. I figured the ms health app would sync to that, but reports say it might not.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you wait, they said it would eventually sync. Just as there is supposed to be analytics and a website.

Hopefully this decade.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I tried your suggestion, but foods are not pushed from MFP to FB, only the food composition (calories, fat, etc.) and nothing gets into HealthVault from FB. Do you have a FB premium account or a free one?

Thanks!

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I got two days worth of data from FP to HV today, no individual foods, just the meals summaries, but for now it's good enough, waiting for the Microsoft Health website, analytics, etc., though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo