Band & Typing

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Band since Day 1. Its looking like I'm going to need to sell it. I've been on the road a bit with it, and I'm starting to develop a sore wrist(s) with all my laptop keyboard use. (I have no issues with it at my desk.)

Same reason I haven't worn a watch in years either, so obviously, I went in knowing it could be a possibility. I'm going to need to wear something like a Shine (which I also have, but won't currently connect to my 8XT), as it can be clipped on.

Anyone else have that issue? (I'm a DBA/Systems Architect, so I'm on the computer constantly.)

Love the band...such a nice device, but I really just need a sleep monitor, though a HR monitor would be a bonus.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yep, if using the keyboard for a while, I find it easier to either slip the band round, so face is outwards, or take it off, which also provides a quick charge opportunity if needed.

PaulSancheezzee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
+1 here (software dev)

When I'm working remote and using the laptop keyboard, I have to take my Band off. It's the only complaint I have but I figure when I'm working from home, I'm not as active so I'm okay with it.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Which way are you wearing it? I use my laptop quite a bit, but I have mine "display up". Then again, how many years are left in that laptop? ;)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've done both...but I'm now screen down. Removing it when I'm on the laptop is really the only solution if I want to keep it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just opened mine Christmas morning. Now, I'm a hunt and peck typer. Can't type the proper way. I have replied to a couple threads here in the forums and I've not been bothered by mine so far. I'm also used to wearing a watch on the wrist I'm now wearing my Band..

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
When I'm at my computer, I just remove it altogether regardless of how long I'm on it.

To be honest, even if you're wanting to know your heart rate it doesn't do much good at the moment (at rest; obviously different assessment when exercising or going up stairs) since there is no way to monitor stress with MS Health app until they implement it. If you're not worried about monitoring your stress level at rest or working at a computer, it is best to just take it off in case of accidental scuffs and just plain wrist-rest.

Also would be a good time to charge it for a few minutes!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't seem to have a problem with it while typing (I'm wearing it as I type this). It replaced a Casio G Series watch so I'm used to the bulk when I am typing.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't seem to have a problem with it while typing (I'm wearing it as I type this). It replaced a Casio G Series watch so I'm used to the bulk when I am typing.

I wear a 'G-Shock XL' (GA-100-1A1), not really easy to type or write with. Same for the band, used to setting my watch down..
Not really an issue while using my laptop, because I never really set my wrist on it.

I guess we all have to gripe about things sometimes

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I take it off when at the computer or laptop it's a good chance to charge it [has never gone dead that way and always at 80%] besides what good does it do when your at the computer or laptop?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I take it off when at the computer or laptop it's a good chance to charge it [has never gone dead that way and always at 80%] besides what good does it do when your at the computer or laptop?

Problem is, that I'm always at my computer (I'm an IT Architect...and I'm kind of trying to track my inactivity as well...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss