Engadget's worst gadget of 2014

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's especially amazing considering 'fresh' inventories are in the low 4-digits every week. While Apple is selling millions upon millions of their latest phones, MS is creating a perceived shortage throwing few thousands of Bands on the market once a week.

I did not realize that. Oh well.. still enjoying mine regardless..

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's especially amazing considering 'fresh' inventories are in the low 4-digits every week. While Apple is selling millions upon millions of their latest phones, MS is creating a perceived shortage throwing few thousands of Bands on the market once a week.

Source?

Dima Habenko

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
No hard data. Just a conversation I had with 'MS boy' at one of their stores. They usually receive only about a hundred or so of Bands to sell in a week. Multiply that by all MS store locations (a total of 102), throw in some Internet sales through MS site and it does not add up to much.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Another unscientific observation -

In spite of it's faults, think MS really cracked the code with the band.

I have been using Windows Phones since almost Day One (the current iteration; was never on Windows Mobile) for the last 4 years or so. In spite of my enthusiasm with the OS which is as much now as back when I converted over from Android, the best I have received from friends is mild interest. I converted one friend who now has the 925, but I can tell there isn't the same love - except when Cyan finally hit he thought the new calendar finally made the OS workable.

Skip to last week when I bought my band - every single day I get questions and compliments. Rather than the Windows Phone disdain, people are asking me how much it costs, and they love the demo I give. MS was also very smart to get Starbucks on board with this. People see me holding the band up to the checkout sensor and some have actually followed me to ask if they could get a closer look. Not one negative comment so far.

Even if MS is creating scarcity, I think that the enthusiasm over this is very widespread and very real!

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
PS: For any band owners out there - Pimp My Band app is MANDATORY.. So cool being able to create wallpapers! This one is from a shot I took with my L930 at the Getty Villa..

WP_20150106_09_10_37_Raw.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss