Band app updates outside the US?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Band whilst on vacation in NYC last week, I live in London. I changed my location to the US so I could install the MS Health app and all is good. I've now set the location back to the original UK setting and all is still working fine. However, will I get app updates for the Health app when my region is set to UK or will I only get them when I reset the region to US?

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I know from a friend (living in Germany) that has set it's region to US for Cortana and when he tries to start certain apps it tells him there is an update available and that he has to download it (he is redirected to the store). But he can't download it, since the app is only available in Germany. So he changes the region to Germany, updates the app and switches it back again afterwards.

So I would assume you will be noticed if there is a newer Version available (since it probably checks the version upon startup of the app) but you have to change the region to download it and chang it back again afterwards

Sam Swancutt

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Or just check the version number / date / changelog here ;)
www DOT windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/microsoft-health/0168b504-ca18-46b8-b60a-0f6fdc271c81

Sam Swancutt

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Me too, had to change region to US, let app update.
change region to UK and update firmware on band (wouldn't sync until I swapped back to UK).

Guess we'll have to rely on our fellow forum users to prompt us ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett