Erratic notifications

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have the windowsCentral app on my phone and I do see all the notifications in the Notifications+Actions center.
But I don't always get all the same notifications in the notification tile of the Band.

Besides, I can see the notifications for other services in the Notifications+Actions center like Skype and Twitter but I don't see them on my Band.

I have enabled the Twitter tile and I am logged into the app on my phone.
All my apps are "ON" in the Notifications+Actions centerI
I use 8.1 DP with language and region set to US.

Any ideas folks?
Thanks.

Last edited:

threewulfmoon

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you access Cortana through your Band? When I first paired my Band, it was stuck in a "quasi-connected" state where my fitness data and basic notifications were being synced, but the advanced features like the notification center and Cortana weren't. I joined the developer preview through the health app and downloading all of the upgrades fixed my issues.

threewulfmoon

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. Now that you mention it, a couple of my apps that push out notifications through the Notification Center don't get pushed to my Band either. Maybe it's how the app integrates notifications. FB Pages Manager uses "Toast" notifications to ping the Notification Center, but I'm not sure if that differs from the standard method of creating notification center events. Perhaps a programmer can comment on this. However, I noticed things like my phone switching to battery saver mode will ping my Band.

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I understand. MS moves in mysterious ways sometimes.
But I style don't understand why some posters here get Skype pushed to their bands and some don't when we are all using 8.1 DP.

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Mysterious ways indeed, now I get Skype notifications for the first time since 8 days.
Like FB, Skype needs to have "toasts notifications' ON in order to trigger the Band.
As Three said, I would also be really interested in hearing about WP notifications from a programer point of view.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
A few of us on Android have noticed that if you don't dismiss a calendar alert, you don't get any more alerts. You might want be "alert" for that. <rim shot>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium