Band Weather not same as iPhone 5 weather

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My Band and Icon display different temps. My wife's band and iphone 5c display different temps, And both of her readings are different than my readings and that is with us in the same room. 4 different temp readings

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine thinks I'm in a location that isn't even on my weather apps. Makes absolutely know sense and it seems something new breaks within the app and band per week.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It's probably pulling the weather from MSN Weather (formerly Bing Weather). Right now, my band is about 1-2 degrees off the MSN current temp and forecast. The two updated about at different times by about an hour and a half. Both think I am in the same location: NYC.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Even my weather app on the band and Cortana said different things. One had rain the other showed sun. I ended up removing the weather tile, as seemed a waste of time

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
There's an old saying: "A man with two watches never knows the time."

I guess that can be updated to the 21st century to apply to weather apps...

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just went to MSN weather in a mobile browser, logged in and made sure it was seeing my location. I then reloaded my weather tile and it is now updated.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Think yourselves lucky, over in the UK where we don't have the band but do have the BBC, the forecast very rarely matches reality.........

Darin Hamel

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Finally got it working. I turned the weather tile off and then turned the watch off. Next I shut my phone off. After I turned my phone back on, I logged onto the weather channels site to make sure it was on my city. After that I turned on my Band and turned on the tile. Then the weather was on my city.

davsug

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I've tried everything on this and can't get it to work. I'm on today's firmware/sw version too, on an iPhone 6. I'm in CA on business this week, but it's still showing the weather as Boston, which is my home city. can't find any way to get it to update the location.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Could it have to do with your location info in your profile? Maybe time zone settings? Or is it supposed to change wit your location? I haven't had mine long enough to test that. Maybe turn on GPS?

davsug

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
There is no location in the profile, and no time zone setting. I would think it should change with the phone's location, but there's no setting for it on the app or band.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
What about time zone settings in the account you have linked to the Band?

I've only had mine since Monday, but just throwing stuff out there for you to see if anything helps. I'm watching my Band too, just in case...

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've tried everything on this and can't get it to work. I'm on today's firmware/sw version too, on an iPhone 6. I'm in CA on business this week, but it's still showing the weather as Boston, which is my home city. can't find any way to get it to update the location.

Have you tried turning the phone and band completely off, then back on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven