Two Bluetooth names?

Bull94

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have two Bluetooth names for there band in they're devices list? They both say band but one has LE at the end? My iPhone 6 connected to both but a few times now it has said the one without the LE isn't compatible and deletes it and will no longer show it, which makes me reset my band and repair x.x. I wondered if it's the Bluetooth for cortana that I can't use, but the app Sync appears to be significantly slower now.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a 5s, and I have 2 names as well. I did notice once that when I turned off the Band, the LE one was disconnected. After turning the Band back on, the LE one connected again. I'm not too hip on Bluetooth, but I'm guessing that they are both supposed to be there.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen in store (MS Store) with an iPhone 6. The CS Rep was baffled, bewildered, and amazed that two names showed up. It was awesome, his exact words were "LE? What is LE? It should only have the top name. I wonder what LE stands for...". I hypothesized it stood for "Low Energy". In any case. No, there is not supposed to be 2 names. In order to get only 1 name, and I guess the correct one (sans LE), we had to de-register it from the device, reboot the band, and have iPhone forget both the LE and non LE bluetooth profiles. I dont know which of those actions fixed it, but it did. I now have an HTC M8 WP and have seen this occur exactly once when viewing my bluetooth settings. It showed up for a second when my band was not paired. Once it paired to the non LE profile, LE profile disappeared....never to be seen again.

bigdog9586

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I think all iPhones must have 2 names as my Pebbles also has two with 2nd one having the LE on the end. LE must be low energy as Pebbles uses it too.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Bluetooth LE is Low Energy. You need both connections for the band to work properly. The LE connection is what notifications from phone to band goes through.

Call notifications are pushed through Bluetooth standard connection. All other notifications are pushed through LE connection.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss