While we wait for Microsoft to link Band to HealthVault.... has anyone tried using FitnessSyncer to accomplish this? Unfortunately you'd still have to use RunKeeper as a go between in addition to FitnessSyncer.
    01-13-2015 10:48 PM
    Yes, this is how I do it. Seems to work fine, providing Health and Runkeeper are on good terms and syncing.
    01-14-2015 12:39 AM
    Would either of you mind explaining how you accomplish this, and what the results are? Does all band data make it to the healthvault?
    01-14-2015 08:28 AM
    Fitbit syncs to health vault too
    01-14-2015 09:51 AM
    What I'm curious about is what happens when MS Health does sync with HealthVault. How will HealthVault handle the duplicate information arriving via two routes? Will it double your activity or see it as redundant?
    01-14-2015 03:19 PM
    Would either of you mind explaining how you accomplish this, and what the results are? Does all band data make it to the healthvault?
    Grab the fitness syncer app through Health Vault (on the Apps and Devices page). Then you set up 'cloud sources', in this case Runkeeper to sync to FitnessSyncer. Then you set up a 'destination task', in this case a sync to Health Vault. I know that exercise activities sync just fine. Not sure about sleep data, I just now set that up after realizing that it was a separate thing. You don't get step data, since that doesn't seem to flow into Runkeeper.
    novaprime9 likes this.
    01-14-2015 06:30 PM
    What I'm curious about is what happens when MS Health does sync with HealthVault. How will HealthVault handle the duplicate information arriving via two routes? Will it double your activity or see it as redundant?
    I don't know, but I suspect it will duplicate the data. My plan is just to break the Runkeeper to FitnessSyncer link once this takes place........if it ever takes place.
    01-14-2015 06:31 PM
    It took me a while to figure out all the steps, even though you laid them out for me (I'm tired!)... now to see if it's working. Of course, it won't get much data now at the end of the day, but hey tomorrow's a new day!

​Thanks for the help!
    01-14-2015 08:42 PM