Why has Cortana stopped working with my Microsoft Band?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For the past two weeks or so when I ask Cortana anything through my Band she thinks for a while then replies "Sorry I couldn't reach your phone..." In the past when (she was working) she didn't take so long listening to my command which makes me think that maybe somethings wrong with the mic. How ever in the past If she couldn't here me or under stand me she would simply tell me so. I've noticed that on my phone her app opens and the immediately closes during the process. Besides Bluetooth issues occasionally, the Band syncs with the health app and I receive notifications all day no problem. Has anyone else experienced this

Curtis Webb

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the exact same issue. Cortana worked for the first few days, now same thing as you, and it's been like that for a week or two. I was scared it was a microphone issue too, because I just bought it, but the error message does not indicate a microphone error. It indicates communication error between the Band and the phone. I've tried resetting the band back to factory defaults, but the issue doesn't go away. To be honest, I'm pretty upset about this, because being able to respond to text messages using Cortana while I'm driving is very important. Not to mention I just purchased my Band a couple weeks ago.

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why has Cortana stopped working with my Microsoft Band

I had this problem when I first got the band back in October. Microsoft employees helped me fix it. I don't remember the exact fix, but I think it had to do with dp settings. Find a Microsoft store to go to or call tech support. They'll fix it.

sam polin

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hmmf. Thanx potatoes. I'd taken the thing into a Microsoft store, they reset the band and the software then said I'd have to wait till they got more in our call support. I've not called, instead I took the it sucks not having but I can live with out it approach. At least till they're not so hard to get. I might first try support hearing it might not be hardware. I'll update what that fix is if support actually fixes is over the phone.

DUITDale

May 29, 2014
Visit site
am in the Live Chat support queue now so I'll see what they say is at foot - after getting the "I can't reach your phone" message on the Band I check the phone and the Bluetooth connection is still up - also the phone flips over to the Cortana screen upon invocation so you know it is attempting to do what its designed to do but just failing somewhere in the middle of the process

DUITDale

May 29, 2014
Visit site
apparently the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 'Denim' had a Bluetooth component to it - this may be the underlying culprit as I have connectivity issues (Bluetooth) with both The Band and my KIA ...now I need to talk to the Windows Phone folks and find out when they will patch their patch

eetroy

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
one more setting that messes this up - Cortana turned off when the phone is locked.

Open Cortana on your phone. Go to Notebook, and then Settings. Make sure that the LOCK SCREEN OPTIONS (to open Cortana even when my device is locked) IS TURNED ON!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism