Inventory Microsoft Band: Where is it available?

333548ds

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Im already looking for a few weeks for the Microsoft Band. Is there anything known about the availability? I live around New York and all stores here are out of stock (at least last week).

Are there any bands in stock somewhere in the US?

cwiley2566

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I have been looking for one in eastern PA but nothing. I am starting to wonder if the LA port issues could be the problem. Online being out of stock since November makes no sense.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I find it odd that the band is sold out, seemingly everywhere except my local MS store. At least they said they had some available when I was there last weekend... Been debating buying one for a long time, but got scared off by the rumor that the last shipment was the last of the v1.0 bands to be available... It was a rumor I read once and can't seem to find again... Anyhow, it suggested the next available batch would either be a band 2.0 or at the very least a rev 2 of the first gen band.

Idk, might pull the plug and buy it this weekend for the wife and I, but I bet they will be out if I'm ready to buy.

cwiley2566

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I guess most shipments from China come through West Coast ports. There is work slow down and/or strike and shipments are 6 months backed up:
(sorry wont let me post links) w w w .cnbc. c o m/id/102413710#.
Google LA Port or West Coast Ports in Google News. Lots of stories.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No, I think they're are just not enough health conscious people in San Antonio to exhaust the inventory at my local MS store. 😥

Last edited:

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I visited the store in Oklahoma City a couple weekends ago to try one on in person. The guy had me sign up through the website for availability updates, but he said they only ever got a few when the product was first launched and have been sold out since.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, that figures... Went to pick one up last night and they were out... Guy said they might get more in on Tuesday.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
With the dock strike on the west coast it may be quiet a while, Bands may be sitting out on the ships waiting to unload. Glad I got mine on the day of release

cwiley2566

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that they are selling them faster then they can make them in a few months and not having them back in stock online since November. Seems weird to me. Week or two maybe but not months.

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
How do you know this? Have there been any store with new incoming inventory last weeks?

Because my friend works in logistics. The problem with Microsoft moving the bands with sea freight is twofold. First, containers are huge, they could fit thousands upon thousands of bands. That's a lot of money Microsoft would have tied up in just one container. This inventory is in transit for much too long for something like that and it's a lot of money to be tied up for that long. Second is even that one container goes overboard, it's all that money gone until the insurance.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
LOL, my wife goes in to see if they got more inventory of the bands today, as they said they might, and now they are saying they have no clue when they'll get more and that is rare that they get shipments of bands... Quite the different story than they have said the last couple of times I've been there.

Went ahead and got on the list to be notified when they get more.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I was talking to the workers at the Bellevue, WA Microsoft store, and they said they really haven't gotten much at all in terms of Microsoft Bands since before Christmas, just a few here or there that sell out quick.

I just ended up saying "screw it" and bought a Fitbit Charge HR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb