PSA: WP10 preview doesn't support sync with MS Band yet

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A warning for MS band users, according to Microsoft's WP10 blog post:
"Sync to Microsoft Band doesn’t work after updating to Windows 10."

One user here commented on it, but I can't tell if he was able to fix it.

Edit: apparently the simple workaround is "After upgrade to Windows 10, go to Bluetooth settings, un-pair the Microsoft Band device and re-pair it.". Sounds doable! :)

Edit 2: it seems that there are some persistent sync issues for some, so read the posts below before taking the plunge on WP10.

Last edited:

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You can get it working. Although it does break any Cortana features. I still get notifications and stuff, but I cannot tell Cortana to do a reminder through the band. Sync seems a lot slower than before.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I get e-mails shown but no other notifications like WhatsApp
yeah, it seems to have deteriorated on mine over the last day and syncing stopped working. I've reset my band and it is working again for now. Syncing takes forever under W10 it seems.
hope there is a fix soon or I am contemplating going back to 8.1.

edit: after a day or two I decided to go back to 8.1. Syncing is very troublesome on W10. It's night and day with syncing on 8.1 and much faster. I will try W10 again once I hear they fixed the sync issues with the band. I liked W10 otherwise and didn't have any other issues other than those that were reported by others.
cheers

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion