No way to see Day Time while running or exercising, MS pls fix

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

No way to see Day Time (for example, 12:15pm) while running or exercising. Theoretically, I could use the Watch Mode, but there are 2 problems with it:
- the display is too dim in the Watch Mode to see anything outdoors,
- the Watch Mode drains the battery.

Microsoft, could you please fix it?
Potential solutions:
- add Day Time to running/exercising statistics, or
- make the Watch Mode brighter when outdoors (not great because it will drain the battery even more).

S.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
- the display is too dim in the Watch Mode to see anything outdoors,
- the Watch Mode drains the battery.

If you're running with the run statistics screen on (i.e. the one you want updated with date & time) then that will drain the battery more than Watch Mode. But if you're running with the screen off and only turning it on every now and then to view the run stats then that's a different thing.

This isn't any easy thing to do while running but do you know that you can hit the button to end the run but BEFORE you hit 'End' there is a little back arrow on that screen and if you tap that it goes back to the home screen with the date & time and the run either keeps tracking or pauses temporarily (I'm not sure which) rather than ending, you can return to the run by tapping the Run tile again. It might be worth checking out if you haven't already.

If Microsoft does add date & time then I hope it's an optional thing that can be configured like the rest of the run statistics because I don't want the date & time. I like that the run stats page is very minimal because when I'm running I want to focus on pace and total distance.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Astondg. I was aware of this method, but it is beyond reasonable. When I am in the middle of my run, I don't want to stop for 30 seconds to check the Day Time.
[[If Microsoft does add date & time then I hope it's an optional ]]
1stly, the date is much less important than the time. I've been running for many years and never needed the date.
2ndly, yes, the Day Time should be optional, select-able like other statistics.

Anyway, for me, the missing Day Time is a BIG PROBLEM.

S.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft,

pretty please fix it.

I run for 1-2 hours during my lunch break and I have to know what time it is.

(I don't want to wear another watch - I already wear too many things. My phone is in my arm-band - I cannot access it easily.)

Thanks,
S.

smatofu

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft,

Could you please fix this?

Fitbit Surge shows day time while running. Other competitors do it.

Please fix in the next update! I don't want to wear another piece of electronics/regular watch while running.

Thank you,
S.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When you edit the run tile on the Windows Phone app, it lets you pick the primary, secondary, and tertiary data, with the options of distance, duration, heart rate, calories and pace. It ought to be easy for them to add the time as one of the options you can select.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon