Microsoft HealthVault linking available now

crashcarr

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft just announced that you can link your Band/Health data to HealthVault. I think this is the feature I've been missing the most. I'm just starting to look at it now but it looks good.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Looks good so far, updates the info pretty quick from what I've seen so far.

I still wish they would enable editing of runs... :(

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok now what???

I have the Health and Healthvault apps (and connected, then logged in) on my iPh6+ but they are not communicating.

What updates pretty quick? So far nothing for me....

What am I doing wrong??? Thx.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok now what???

I have the Health and Healthvault apps (and connected, then logged in) on my iPh6+ but they are not communicating.

What updates pretty quick? So far nothing for me....

What am I doing wrong??? Thx.

Not sure about the HealtVault app, but talking about the website: dashboard.microsofthealth.com

My Band hadn't synced with my iPhone 6+ in a few hours, and the data on Microsoft Health showed that, so I synced my Band, refreshed the Microsoft Health website, and the new data was there. Haven't messed with the HealthVault app yet.

merlot2k1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Bought my Band yesterday and just signed up to HealthVault today. HealthVault shows nothing, but the Health Dashboard for the Band shows it's linked. I'm guessing there may be a few bugs to work out.

JDH58

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
At least for me it appears that not all data is syncing or consistently displaying. For example, steps sync and show, while a recorded run on my band has not sync'd. Not sure if it is the system still trying to catch up or if it is because I name my exercises shortly after completing them.

Sleep is syncing and current.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
(Moving this over from a neighboring thread!)

OK, quick follow-up...started poking around in the HealthVault and here are some first impressions after linking it to the Health App:

- morning walk pretty much showed up right away
- pretty scant data from the walk...basically time, distance, duration, calories, and some heart rate data
- no option in the Exercise view to import from another source, also no map view
- there's a nice tile on the Home screen that "graphs" the exercise; curious to see how that expands with more workouts
- I had the option to rename my walk (it defaulted to "Running") but that change didn't propagate back to the Band Dashboard

- AHA!! just noticed while viewing Exercise that there's an option to view workouts as either List or Chart -- Chart view looks good (duration, distance, calories, and steps, though oddly the last is missing from my walk -- maybe that's normal for the Band)

A few other random observations:

- in the Weight view there's an option to import (e.g., CSV) -- that'll come in handy as I've been telling MFP for the last 3 months my daily weight (though getting it out of MFP will be a minor PITA).

- the Food and Drink view is really underpowered -- basically it's set up so you name a meal, and then enter total calories...not inviting at all...also no option to import -- that's a shame, I'd grown accustomed to entering in food data in MFP and was hoping to switch to the HealthVault
- as a backdoor approach, I just tried Microsoft's Health and Fitness app (and they say Android is a FRAGMENTED OS) but anyway, even though H&F has a better interface for entering data (it has PopTarts in its database!!!) and I set it up to sync with my MS account, of course nothing showed up in the HealthVault :cry: (Hadn't there been rumors that MS was killing H&F anyway?)

Remember all this is focused on what's happening in HealthVault once you link it to your Band/Health account.

​-Matt

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, mine uploaded yesterdays steps to healthvault. I don't see any place in healthvault at all to see sleep though. I have all tiles turned on as well within the site

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, mine uploaded yesterdays steps to healthvault. I don't see any place in healthvault at all to see sleep though. I have all tiles turned on as well within the site
The Dashboard (https://dashboard.microsofthealth.com/) has a fabulous week and month view of sleep, but yeah I didn't spot anything sleep-related either in the HealthVault.

By the way, I don't get that line midway through the plot, shaded light above and dark below. What gives? EDIT: DUH, my bad, that's obviously the HR data in the background! On that note, regarding "Resting HR" during sleep, note that the Dashboard explains:

Resting heart rate refers to the measure of your heart rate after 10 minutes of rest or non-activity. Your resting HR may be lower while you are sleeping.

This might potentially explain many of us have noticed that our "resting HR" tends to be significantly lower than an eyeball estimate of our "average HR" during sleep.

DashboardSleep.jpg

-Matt

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Health vault and the dashboard are two different services.
Healthvault.com. Health vault is an aggregator for all health stuffs including medicines, medical tests /procedure etc. I figured there was some miscommunication on what some of us were viewing.😏

merlot2k1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Bought my Band yesterday and just signed up to HealthVault today. HealthVault shows nothing, but the Health Dashboard for the Band shows it's linked. I'm guessing there may be a few bugs to work out.

Ok, my stats are showing today! Gotta say, my timing of purchasing the Band (pure luck) was perfect!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Ok, now that it's been linked for a day, yesterday's steps is showing are showing in Health Vault - but none of the history. Bummer. But over time, that's probably not going to matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12