02-27-2015 05:35 PM
46 12
tools
    So the keyboard functionality is supported in WP 8.1. How about Android? I heard on The Verge that iOS doesn't have the proper keyboard API support for the band to use the keyboard, but there shouldn't be any barriers for Android support.

Anybody know if the new keyboard functionality will work on Android?

If not I may have to repair with my 920 to test it out
    02-23-2015 10:18 PM
    Did a new pairing and then it started working. Too bad only for text messages and phone reply's. Wish it would be possible for whatsapp but that would be too good to be true ��

Using 8.1 so that would not have been the issue. I love the reading functionality though
    02-23-2015 10:23 PM
    Isn't it a new feature that you can reply to existing texts instead of only at the moment they arrive? As far as I know you couldn't do that before this update.
    02-23-2015 11:41 PM
    So the keyboard functionality is supported in WP 8.1. How about Android? I heard on The Verge that iOS doesn't have the proper keyboard API support for the band to use the keyboard, but there shouldn't be any barriers for Android support.

If not I may have to repair with my 920 to test it out
    I think the keyboard requires Cortana for the word prediction, but could be wrong on that, so Android phones wouldn't be able to use the keyboard at the moment.
    02-24-2015 06:22 AM
    Isn't it a new feature that you can reply to existing texts instead of only at the moment they arrive? As far as I know you couldn't do that before this update.
    That is correct. If you view your texts in the Messaging tile, there's now a reply button at the bottom of each message.
    02-24-2015 06:46 AM
    The band also no longer goes to the active screen when plugging it in for charging... it still goes to the active screen when unplugging however. (May only be in watch mode as that is what I am currently set at)
    02-24-2015 08:01 AM
    Very cool updates, I hope things continue to be added. I'm excited most by the addition of bike exercise tracking as that it my preference. However the new online dashboard doesn't yet support that feature. Odd that they would release the dashboard to support only the older features of the band at the same time as releasing a band update. I'm sure it will come.

The dashboard is very cool though.
    02-24-2015 08:46 AM
    Very cool, and a web dashboard to boot! Great to see things happening finally.
    IMHO this is the biggest news of the day -- really glad to see the dashboard is reasonably functional (though I certainly have a few suggestions for improving it, e.g., the option of a list view of runs rather than only a calendar view -- I'm also surprised there isn't an export function for the map data). Pro tip: venture over to Connected Apps and you'll see that HealthVault is now in the list. :) I connected without any issues but haven't had a chance yet to see what's traveling from the Band Dashboard over to the Vault. Looks promising.

​-Matt
    Last edited by gadgetrants; 02-24-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    02-24-2015 08:59 AM
    I had slacked off for a while tracking my sleep and even workouts with the Band, as I didn't see much use for the information or how I could use it, especially having to work in the phone app. But looking at the way it's presented in dashboard I am really psyched to begin again in earnest. I can really begin to see now the potentialities for how the information can begin to make sense, and be usable.
    02-24-2015 08:59 AM
    mhc48 I have been tracking my Band Info [daily numbers] in a excel sheet since I got my band and I can see all my progress over the extended time line.All you have to do is set up the sheet and enter your numbers every night not all that difficult.
    02-24-2015 09:45 AM
    Post deleted and moved over to the HealthVault thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...lable-now.html
    02-24-2015 11:23 AM
    I was surprised at how effective the keyboard is. I kind of assumed that typing on a tiny screen would be too annoying and difficult to be useful, but in practice it is easier than pulling my phone out of my pocket, which is all it takes to make it a useful feature.
    02-24-2015 12:47 PM
    The keyboard feature looks very cool. I just wish it were available for us non-Windows-Phone folks.
    gadgetrants likes this.
    02-24-2015 11:53 PM
    The keyboard feature looks very cool. I just wish it were available for us non-Windows-Phone folks.
    It could possibly come to Android someday, especially given how platform-neutral MS has been lately. iOS doesn't have the necessary APIs for something like this (and I doubt that will change soon given their new Watch coming out soon). So I wouldn't hold my breath for it coming to the iPhones though.
    02-25-2015 07:43 AM
    This worked for me. Thank you.
    02-25-2015 10:59 AM
    It may be too early to say much about it, but it seems to me that the updated band is slightly more conservative both in terms of caloric burn (both exercise mode and the 24h monitoring móde) than before as well as in terms of steps?
    02-25-2015 12:40 PM
    Doesn't work on mine.

My guess is the same as others - an issue with the word prediction API.
    02-25-2015 06:53 PM
    For Android, you go into the Play Store and update the app. After that, and with a bit of prodding, the app will update the firmware in the Band. New release: 10.2.2610.0 09 R

I'd imagine that iPhone and Windows would be similar.
    My Band updated to10.2.2610.0 09 R but I don't see any bike tile or any other difference.
    02-25-2015 07:11 PM
    My Band updated to10.2.2610.0 09 R but I don't see any bike tile or any other difference.
    Just checking: Did you actually go into the "manage tiles" section and add it to your band? Or did it not show up as an option there.
    02-25-2015 07:29 PM
    Just checking: Did you actually go into the "manage tiles" section and add it to your band? Or did it not show up as an option there.
    Right. With the upgrade, the tile becomes available in the Heath app. You then have to add it to the tiles on your band before you can see/use it.
    02-25-2015 08:22 PM
    Excuse me if I'm the last to figure this out, but I just realized on the Dashboard if I go to either Calories or Sleep, there's an "Observations" option at the top. Click on it and...

I'VE FOUND MY INSIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As we say in socal...very bitchin'.

LOL

-Matt
    02-27-2015 05:35 PM
46 12