keyboard stuck on"Connecting"

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one whos having issues with the new update and keyboard? I'm trying to respond to a text, but the keyboard is not loading. IT's stuck on "connecting".

:crying:

Lerac1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I set watch on pairing and then i connected the bluetooth with phone by tapping device. It worked after this again.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My Band won't even connect now. I've turned my phone off and on, twice. Turned the Band off and on. Still no-go. In BT settings it connects for a split second then goes back to "paired".

Lumia Icon

Update: So the Band had an update that needed installed. Works as it should now. If you're having connection issues, simply open the MS Health app on your phone and let it push the update to your Band.

Last edited:

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Just factory reset the band and still nothing. I also restarted both phones and band and still nothing. It connected ones but the messages never typed out as it froze, so I had to restart the band.

Could this be an issue with connectivity with the phone because I can receive texts and notifications just fine.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So the problem was.. I had to update the app on my phone. I updated the band thru USB, but not the app. All is swell now, thanks ppl

traviswins

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Same thing was happening to me as well... i paired and unparied, factory reset multiple times, uninstalled app, reinstalled app ... this last time it just started working ... who knows ...

the full process was: unregistered band from within app, uninstalled app, deleted bluetooth device from phone, restart phone, factory reset band, paired band to phone from bluetooth menu, when i tapped on the device it would connect but stay connected for only half a second at a time ... then i installed the app, added the band, and it is working (it is staying connected, and keyboard / cortana are both working).

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I also have this problem consistently, running Windows 10 build 582 on Lumia 1020. Notifications also have a delay.

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Also have this problem from time to time, usually turn phone and/or band off/on again fixes it but not today! No updates for the health app either. Tried syncing, nothing. Calendar also not syncing now (opening the app usually sorts that but nope)

J David

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem, and a weird setting change worked for me. On the phone (Lumia 640), in the bluetooth settings, under advanced, I had to uncheck the box for alternate audio connection, then it started working again. That could be a coincidence and have nothing to do with why it started working, but it was a hell of a coincidence.

AJ92691

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks J David, that did the trick for me. I've got a 950XL and I could rarely get the Band2 keyboard to work. I went into advanced bluetooth settings and actually checked the box for alternate audio connection. Now it works flawlessly. I went back and unchecked it and it still works perfectly so I don't think having that feature on or off really matters but the act of toggling it seems to fix whatever the issue is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05