The new pebble watch is getting released in a few hours..u guys think there is a chance for windows phone support??
    02-24-2015 04:37 AM
    I don't. Nothing in their DNA suggests they need to.
    02-24-2015 08:05 AM
    It would be nice, but I guess only time will tell!
    jmshub likes this.
    02-24-2015 08:08 AM
    Microsoft should buy pebble as they did with many other companies refused to build a WP app...
    02-24-2015 08:13 AM
    Microsoft should buy pebble as they did with many other companies refused to build a WP app...
    Haha...nice one...indeed..
    anon(9174535) likes this.
    02-24-2015 09:56 AM
    Its nothing to do with pebble not making the app as far as I know its that Microsoft dont allow the integration into messages calandar etc that a pebble/other smart watches require.
    02-24-2015 10:14 AM
    Unfortunately no windows phone support again...
    02-24-2015 10:24 AM
    Unfortunately no windows phone support again...
    AND Twitter timeline has floods of complaining about that right now!
    02-24-2015 12:24 PM
    Its nothing to do with pebble not making the app as far as I know its that Microsoft dont allow the integration into messages calandar etc that a pebble/other smart watches require.
    I don't think this is true. They don't need to use the calendar or messaging app on the phone as Microsoft Band they can categorize every notification that you receive. Ex: If you remove calendar tile from band since it can't find the category it will come as a normal notification to notification center.
    02-24-2015 12:26 PM
    Update 1 brings deep wearable integration with the OS meaning any wearable can tap into notifications. So there's no reason to create a Pebble app for WP (although I'm not expecting them to make one for us...). I really like the Pebble Time though - that UI looks sick!
    02-24-2015 01:04 PM
    WMPoweruser is reporting MS is testing Pebble notifications for Windows Phone
    princeegli and Witness like this.
    02-24-2015 11:20 PM
    WMPoweruser is reporting MS is testing Pebble notifications for Windows Phone
    I really hope that MS saves the day with this. Come on, release it! Let us be your beta-testers Microsoft!
    02-25-2015 04:58 AM
    It's in the store but, no permission to download at this time....

Pebble Notifications | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Jazmac likes this.
    02-25-2015 10:35 AM

As said in the WC article it's probably an internal proof-of-concept app between Microsoft and Pebble. Hopefully it gets somewhere!
    DavidinCT likes this.
    02-25-2015 01:34 PM
    AND Twitter timeline has floods of complaining about that right now!
    AND, you just prompted me to log on and tweet a complaint as well. I suggest we all do this.
    02-25-2015 02:50 PM
    02-25-2015 08:10 PM
    Enjoying my Band too much to care about a Pebble, especially with their CEO's attitude to Windows.
    02-25-2015 11:38 PM
    AND, you just prompted me to log on and tweet a complaint as well. I suggest we all do this.
    Absolutely, I will. The flood of tweets can make a pressure to Pebble. ;-)
    02-27-2015 05:19 AM
    With Apple releasing their own smart watch Pebble is sticking with Android.
    02-27-2015 11:14 AM
    Looking at Pebble's company profile, it's kind of dumb to ignore the few Windows Phone users out there. Since WP doesn't really have any smartwatches, those that want one will likely pick up their watch. So say they sell a 100k units to the couple million WP users out there. Is it really that bad to gross $20M in revenue if they would just put a single dev to work on the app/updates, or just completely forego an additional revenue stream because the CEO doesn't like Microsoft? It's like a brat at a playground, these companies.
    03-03-2015 04:46 PM
    I put my money down on a Pebble Steel and own a Lumia 925, I'm hoping by the time July rolls around they will have figured something else out. I will continue to tweet my thoughts about the lack of WP support. It is the age old people hating on MS just because they are MS, I mean they were willing to write and support the app and Pebble still says no? Doesn't really make any sense.
    03-03-2015 08:38 PM

Interesting find....If you go to the app in the store...and select "Download and Manually install", you can download it.

I downloaded it and renamed it to a ZIP file, I was able to extract it, so it's not encrypted (all WP apps are encrypted to prevent piracy, that was a big problem on WP7).

This means if you have the Dev tools and your phone is Dev unlocked you SHOULD be able to sideload it and see if it works.

Would love to hear the results before I go out and buy a pebble..
    03-04-2015 09:21 PM
    Interesting find....If you go to the app in the store...and select "Download and Manually install", you can download it.

I downloaded it and renamed it to a ZIP file, I was able to extract it, so it's not encrypted (all WP apps are encrypted to prevent piracy, that was a big problem on WP7).

This means if you have the Dev tools and your phone is Dev unlocked you SHOULD be able to sideload it and see if it works.

Would love to hear the results before I go out and buy a pebble..
    Won't work, sorry. See here as to why.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    03-04-2015 09:45 PM
    Makes me wonder how a few other people got a hold of it and are using it. On another thread on here, someone has a 1520 and has it on there, there is no Interop-unlock for any Nokia phones right now (unless this has changed)
    03-05-2015 10:30 AM
    That is not true. The app is running on my L1520 and is working perfectly with my Pebble.
    Anyway I posted a how to in this thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/sma...ml#post3011937
    03-05-2015 10:42 AM