I was happy to see that an update is available for my Band.

Unfortunately, it appears it is not available on my iPhone 6+. Are other people seeing the same issue, or am I one of the unlucky ones ?

MSFT Support assures me it should be out there for us. However, I can't get it. I thought maybe the App Store had an issue, but it just did updates on two other unrelated apps.
    02-24-2015 03:44 PM
    I got the email about the update but don't see it on my iiphone either. I do see all my data (back through Nov) on microsofthelth.com Nice to see better views of historical data. Looking forward to ride tile.
    02-24-2015 04:10 PM
    It just you. Nobody else - just you.
    02-24-2015 04:27 PM
    Kidding a side, I received an email from MS telling me that the update was available for iOS and Mac 2/23 but neither shows up. I think its just going through the Apple review process before the release it onto app store.

It least the dashboard is available and is a huge improvement.
    02-24-2015 04:29 PM
    I did get the email, and I chatted with Support yesterday. They thought it had gone through.

I've had 4 other updates today, unrelated to this one.
    02-24-2015 05:42 PM
    Still no update!
    02-24-2015 10:27 PM
    I know in the release they stated "over the next few days"
    02-24-2015 11:03 PM
    Never got an email... but my Band app on my PC got updated, and carried the Band firmware update, so I installed it that way.

Still waiting for the iOS app update on my iPhone 6+...
    02-24-2015 11:28 PM
    The ball is in Apple's court now. I've heard the approval process can take up to 10 days but I'm assuming that's for small developers. Major players like MS must have some kind of fast lane.
    02-25-2015 01:55 AM
    The ball is in Apple's court now. I've heard the approval process can take up to 10 days but I'm assuming that's for small developers. Major players like MS must have some kind of fast lane.
    For Microsoft, you would think... As of 10:06am EST no update yet. But it actually doesn't really matter, I updated my Band with the Desktop Sync program, and the current iOS app works fine. Just strange that it's taking so long...
    02-25-2015 10:07 AM
    It is my understanding that even with the update for the iPhone, it still won't have the cool features updates on the band...like the reply with mini keyboard. Bummer.

This is actually somewhat ironic, as the Windows Phone does not natively support things like Bluetooth keyboards, but the iPhone does (at least to my understanding).
    02-25-2015 06:22 PM
    It is my understanding that even with the update for the iPhone, it still won't have the cool features updates on the band...like the reply with mini keyboard. Bummer.

This is actually somewhat ironic, as the Windows Phone does not natively support things like Bluetooth keyboards, but the iPhone does (at least to my understanding).
    Technically it's not acting as a bluetooth keyboard, that's why. It's more of a smart watch type connection. In fact, the Band itself doesn't even know what you're typing. If you don't have a bluetooth connection, the keyboard won't even load to begin with. It sends your taps over to the Health app on the phone and that "deciphers" the words and displays it on the Band. When you press the send button, the Health app passes it off to the Messaging app to send the text out.

Apple doesn't provide this kind of backend integration into the Messages app right now. Only Windows Phone and Android would be able to do this (although Microsoft hasn't enabled the keyboard on Android either right now).
    02-26-2015 07:41 AM
    Ahh, the frustration.

When Chase pulled out of the Win Phone, I finally had to set mine to the side and move to an iPhone. There were simply too many apps that I need to use each day, and they aren't on the Win Phone.

Initially the Band actually had a nicer integration with MyFitnessPal on the iPhone version and all was OK. Now, the WinPhone again has the advantage, except the MFP on it is not as good an implementation. However, it would be nice to have the Cortana features back on the Band, though I'm not sure I need the keyboard.

My Icon(s) may not be activated on VZW right now, but they are setup with WiFi and kept charged ... great for observing new capabilities ... but alas, I can't have the Band on two separate devices and the iPhone is the one I must carry ( to do my work ).

Sigh ....
    02-26-2015 12:05 PM
    I'm tempted to dump my iPhone 6 and move to an unlocked Lumia 930, but I'm wary of buying a new phone right now with Windows 10 on the horizon.
    02-26-2015 12:17 PM
    Still nothing in the app store - grrrrr. I installed the Mac desktop app and connected the band but Check for Updates say no updates are available. I thought someone here said they were able to get the new firmware using this method?
    02-26-2015 04:37 PM
    I used the PC Band Sync software to update the firmware. It would appear that Apple is playing the Google game with Microsoft. That is sad.
    02-26-2015 04:42 PM
    Saw the update a few days ago and would think that Apple would have approved the new update by now. Tried installing the PC sync app on an old HP Mini computer, but it can't install the correct drivers for USB. Such a pain.
    02-26-2015 05:09 PM
    Why doesn't MS release the software directly? Why go through OS X App store? All of my MS Office updates comes directly from MS, not app store for my Mac.

I get that iOS app store is the only way to get an app onto iPh (unless jailbroken) but onto Macs doesn't need to go through app store....
    02-26-2015 06:35 PM