03-24-2015 08:40 PM
29 12
tools
    Today is my first full day with it. It looked like it undercounted by about 20% (based on my FitBit experience.) So I did some testing. Just walking normally around the house and out into the yard, it didn't count a single step. When carrying the dog, it didn't count either. I started swinging my arms in an exaggerated fashion, and it counted those.

When I went on a "run" today with GPS on around the neighborhood, I walked a known 1 mile loop and those steps matched previously recorded tracking with a FitBit and Endomundo.

UPDATE: I talked to MS and the rep said they thought my Band was too large, so I switched for a Small. MUCH better! It seems to be tracking all my normal walking now.
    What size was you using may I ask?

I'm using a medium and feel like it fits fine/perfect. Do you think the tightening of the band on my wrist would stop the mis-reads?

03-24-2015 05:04 PM
    What size was you using may I ask?

I'm using a medium and feel like it fits fine/perfect. Do you think the tightening of the band on my wrist would stop the mis-reads?

I had a medium; I switched it for small. The medium felt snug if I pushed up up my arm a bit (about 1" above the wrist "knuckles"), but it tended to slip down. Otherwise I thought it was good.

The small feels just right, and is more comfortable, and it sits naturally about 1/2" above the wrist. I am wearing it on the tightest setting when cold and loosening it up a little bit when warmer. It doesn't wobble as much from side to side either. I get just a little skin indention from the sensors, which is not tight enough to be uncomfortable -- and that seems to be working really well.

Bear in mind I kind of have freakishly small wrists for being an otherwise average sized woman - 5" in circumference. I was really surprised when the size chart showed me at a medium. You may want to try the small on for size if you get a chance, but the small is pretty, well, small.
    ALpHa.Q.RoUgH likes this.
    03-24-2015 05:38 PM
    I had a medium; I switched it for small. The medium felt snug if I pushed up up my arm a bit (about 1" above the wrist "knuckles"), but it tended to slip down. Otherwise I thought it was good.

The small feels just right, and is more comfortable, and it sits naturally about 1/2" above the wrist. I am wearing it on the tightest setting when cold and loosening it up a little bit when warmer. It doesn't wobble as much from side to side either. I get just a little skin indention from the sensors, which is not tight enough to be uncomfortable -- and that seems to be working really well.

Bear in mind I kind of have freakishly small wrists for being an otherwise average sized woman - 5" in circumference. I was really surprised when the size chart showed me at a medium. You may want to try the small on for size if you get a chance, but the small is pretty, well, small.
    Thanks for that information. I'm using a medium and can barely get the watch to latch at the midway point but it still fits somewhat loose. If I could I would go all the way to the tightest setting on the medium but that would require two people it seems with the whole push in and release strategy of the watch.
    03-24-2015 06:00 PM
    I know what you mean. I press one end up against my chest and push the other with my pinky. You could also use the edge of a counter or something.
    03-24-2015 08:40 PM
29 12