Bike data not synchronizing with third-parties

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tracked a biking exercise with the Band yesterday, but the information has not yet been synchronized with the other services I've connected MS Health to (all the available ones: Runkeeper, MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness and MS HealthVault). Other info like sleep and steps have been synchronized. Anybody seeing the same? I'll check later tonight if Run exercises are still working.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Uhm, just replying to myself, since nobody seems to have this problem. I can confirm that for me Run exercises are synced without problems, as sleep and steps are, but Bike exercises are not.

vorn182

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here after picking up a Band last week. I have the same problem, runs are fine, but rides don't sync. I've tried a couple of the connected apps with no luck.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I would imagine that since the Bike "option" was added only recently, perhaps the 3rd party vendors don't know what to do with the data. Or else there's some negotiating going on on how to enter them into the other app.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
True. I think the cycling functions are still a work in progress. Its only been a few days that Cycling activities show up on the web dashboard, for instance. I suspect they have to do some consulting with the third parties (even ms's own HealthVault) to get synchronization working. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

Edit: Um, yeah. Or what Droiduser said!:smile:

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
That's indeed the most likely explanation, although technically between Run and Bike data there is really no difference. Even the Elevation data that is shown in MS Health only for Bike and not for Run is actually there is both cases. I can see it when the Run data is exported to MapMyFitness.

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The official sdk which is still beta just got released so no one has been able to integrate it yet. Just give it a bit of time. The ones like mapmyfitness are almost first party because Microsoft went to them in a partnership.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro