MS band U.S, apple watch 9countries.

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Just read about Apple watch, and its distribution countries:Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, United Kingdom, and United States.
When the hell MS goona take out their "kid" (band) out of the U.S, or he (band) is grown-up soo much that it didn't wanna come out of U.S for a world tour.
In this case, Apple is way mature than MS. They have proved it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Only the iSheep will buy it.

Of which there are plenty! Now, I'm not one that automatically assumes that everyone with an iDevice has one just because they are blind followers, but there are plenty of Apple users who will buy the Apple watch simply because it's the new product in the Apple lineup.

I still feel that Apple has rightly earned their following by providing an excellent product with a great user experience. Overpriced? Not at all. The value of a product is what you can sell it for, not cost with a bit of markup for profit. If Apple can sell their devices at high prices, then the value is there. More power to 'em! If anyone has a problem, it's their customers (not that I feel they do).

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The Apple watch is way over priced. Only the iSheep will buy it.
At that rate then they will definitely out sell ms band ! IPhones are over priced ....they can outsell anything windows phone has to offer ten times faster. so yeah only iPhone user will buy the apple watch....but that's alot of flippin people. We will be seeing these watches around much more than we'll see ms bands.

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Of which there are plenty! Now, I'm not one that automatically assumes that everyone with an iDevice has one just because they are blind followers, but there are plenty of Apple users who will buy the Apple watch simply because it's the new product in the Apple lineup.

I still feel that Apple has rightly earned their following by providing an excellent product with a great user experience. Overpriced? Not at all. The value of a product is what you can sell it for, not cost with a bit of markup for profit. If Apple can sell their devices at high prices, then the value is there. More power to 'em! If anyone has a problem, it's their customers (not that I feel they do).

+10

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys get real. MS cant keep the band in stock in the US. Even if they launched it globally it wouldn't be available

With the past action of MS, it never appeared that MS ever wanted a global launch, its been 4+ months and still stuck in the U.S where as Apple just announced 24th April is the global distribution day.
It's shows apple really having big plans where as MS still busy in typing.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My guess is the Microsoft Band was a project to see how it would do in the U.S.. I think now with the Apple Watch out and the reception they got from the MS band being good. They could expand on that and make it better for international release for the Band 2.

I know you lose customers in the short term but you think long term as Microsoft has been known sometimes to put out half-a$$ed products or don't fully commit all the way to items.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
My guess is the Microsoft Band was a project to see how it would do in the U.S.. I think now with the Apple Watch out and the reception they got from the MS band being good. They could expand on that and make it better for international release for the Band 2.

I know you lose customers in the short term but you think long term as Microsoft has been known sometimes to put out half-a$$ed products or don't fully commit all the way to items.
Lol who remembers the Zune? This is exactly the same stunt Microsoft pulled with it and it failed. I don't understand why its so difficult to make the band available for other countries. Now apple are going to break sales records again while Microsoft sell their bands, one set at a time.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys get real. MS cant keep the band in stock in the US. Even if they launched it globally it wouldn't be available

Microsoft developed the band as a "DEMO" project in order to demo what their health services could do, which is what they are really trying to sell. You people as consumers only see the consumer side. Microsoft wants people to lease their patents on the technology in the band in order to produce fitness bands with Microsoft services. It's the services Microsoft is selling.

As a Demo product, it wasn't marketed and wasn't really expected to sell except as a proof of concept. It was a surprise to Microsoft how well it has done, and they have since ramped up production and set up to begin distributing in bulk through their retail partners, like Best Buy.

I would expect a global launch to be coming soon as well. They did the band as a way to create the patents to license the technology out initially. That part is still happening as well.

For more interesting information, see the following.
How the Microsoft Band will beat Apple's Watch | Windows Central

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
With the past action of MS, it never appeared that MS ever wanted a global launch, its been 4+ months and still stuck in the U.S where as Apple just announced 24th April is the global distribution day.
It's shows apple really having big plans where as MS still busy in typing.

Well maybe but I feel MS launched the band earlier than they wanted to. Plus there is always the Surface RT fiasco they want to avoid as well. I think it will get launched globally soon but I feel they are testing the waters while trying to get their stock uo

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft developed the band as a "DEMO" project in order to demo what their health services could do, which is what they are really trying to sell. You people as consumers only see the consumer side. Microsoft wants people to lease their patents on the technology in the band in order to produce fitness bands with Microsoft services. It's the services Microsoft is selling.

As a Demo product, it wasn't marketed and wasn't really expected to sell except as a proof of concept. It was a surprise to Microsoft how well it has done, and they have since ramped up production and set up to begin distributing in bulk through their retail partners, like Best Buy.

I would expect a global launch to be coming soon as well. They did the band as a way to create the patents to license the technology out initially. That part is still happening as well.

I wasn't saying that they aren't trying. I felt like they launched earlier than they wanted hints why they can't keep it in stock. That's why to me its unrealistic for a global launch at this time. I also feel that apple and Microsoft are targeting two different demographics to compare the two is short sighted IMO

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

Ok, even if they started it as a demo, I guess 4 months are sufficient to know that a global launch is desperately needed, even OS updates comes every four months.
So 4 months is a long time, to collect, gather, and practice for future decision. and if they really cared for fans of band, they would have announced a global launch in late MWC.

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Well maybe but I feel MS launched the band earlier than they wanted to. Plus there is always the Surface RT fiasco they want to avoid as well. I think it will get launched globally soon but I feel they are testing the waters while trying to get their stock uo

Band as a demo has came in reality on 29th Oct. It's approx. 4? month, in this time,, a company have to show their global revenue, their different statics, etc etc, but still playing water water.....
It's like 2 sides.
1.pupils globally are dying to get band.
N no news on its launch,
2.pupil know apple has launched the watch, they even know when its coming, and even that I'll be soon gonna available to their near by store's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss