Bestbuy has the band for sale online

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So I was browsing on best buys site and they have the band in all three sizes for sale, I ordered mine before they sold out. If your looking to grab one I would now why they still have them.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I saw that, but they had a 5 - 7 day delivery for all the stores in my area.

I had ordered a Band on the MS site and happened to stop by the Mall of America tonight where they had 7 large bands in stock as of 7:45. Now they have 6 and I need to cancel an order!

In other words, it can't hurt to call your local MS store to see if they have anything in stock.

pfletcher7

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Drove down to Best Buy and got one! Had to go through the "we don't sell those" conversation, but luckily another employee said that they had 2. However, none of them knew about buying Microsoft Complete for the extended coverage. At $20 for the extra coverage.. now I just have to figure out how to get it!

Best of luck to all!

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Drove down to Best Buy and got one! Had to go through the "we don't sell those" conversation, but luckily another employee said that they had 2. However, none of them knew about buying Microsoft Complete for the extended coverage. At $20 for the extra coverage.. now I just have to figure out how to get it!

Best of luck to all!

Did the website show as being in stock? I keep checking my local store online but says ship to store only...

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
For some reason I'm not surprised they tried telling you they didn't have it. How typical!

Best of luck to all!

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It shows as being in stock and you can ship it to yourself. They even have expedited shipping which they didn't offer last night when I placed my order. How unfortunate.

Did the website show as being in stock? I keep checking my local store online but says ship to store only...

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I ordered yesterday with exprediated shipping for today...didn't come and hasn't shipped. Got a refund on shipping but doesn't explain why didn't ship.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
That's weird, I ordered mine and it said it would arrive Wednesday next week with regular ground shipping. I checked my tracking and it says its a half hour away and will be delivered tomorrow.

I ordered yesterday with exprediated shipping for today...didn't come and hasn't shipped. Got a refund on shipping but doesn't explain why didn't ship.

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I was in Best Buy today - I'm returning my Medium to MS and need a Small, so I figured I'd pick it up locally instead of waiting for it to ship.

I wandered around. No Band.
Employee #1: "What's that? What does it look like?"
Employee #2: "I don't think we sell those."
Employee #3: "Let me check with my inventory guys to see if we have those." (Their web site said they did.
Manager: "I didn't think anyone would come in looking for those. They are locked up in that back cabinet. What size do you need?"

The small, BTW fits much better on me and is tracking everything better, too. Switching mid-day did funky things with my data, though.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I would complain, that's ridiculous.

I was in Best Buy today - I'm returning my Medium to MS and need a Small, so I figured I'd pick it up locally instead of waiting for it to ship.

I wandered around. No Band.
Employee #1: "What's that? What does it look like?"
Employee #2: "I don't think we sell those."
Employee #3: "Let me check with my inventory guys to see if we have those." (Their web site said they did.
Manager: "I didn't think anyone would come in looking for those. They are locked up in that back cabinet. What size do you need?"

The small, BTW fits much better on me and is tracking everything better, too. Switching mid-day did funky things with my data, though.

ryan peters

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just bought one today at Best Buy. Went in there and didn't see any on the shelf. Ending up asking someone and he said he heard they were going to carry it, but didn't think it was in the store yet. He looked it up and saw they were in stock. We went looking around for them and they were just starting to stock the shelves with them. Said they were working on setting up the display soon. Ended up getting the large size. Seems to fit good and now have to figure it all out :)

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Some one wrote the other day Microsoft is not offering the extended warranty any more, guess they had to many returns :smile:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the Best Buy I work at, nobody knew we had any. I checked the computers, found out about them, there were 5 on a cart in the warehouse. Pretty frustrating. Plus there was no employee discount :(

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there an extended warranty through Best Buy for the Band?

Yeah just picked one up at my local bets buy, $30 for functional warranty, $40 for the all inclusive you break it, covers all but theft.

Just on a side note about best buy, went in looking and couldnt find it. Ask 2 employees who heard of it but needed to find their 'microsoft' employee. She knew about it. Employees had to wander around but eventually found it. I heard one employee ask the microsoft rep why they dont know more and she said they are getting training in an upcoming meeting. You would think this would be done before launch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999