New Band User. A Couple Of Questions For Existing Users.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So here I was happily waiting for the 2nd generation of the Band but my girlfriend convinced me to get one now (which is weird since she is an Apple person).

We went to Best Buy and we are both medium size and they only had one medium so we got that one for her and mine will be arriving on Friday. Not a fan of the bulk but maybe I will get used to it.

After that little intro my questions are:

1. She saw that Fitbit users can compare against each other the number of steps/calories/whatever (for instance to keep a friendly competition between friends and family)... Is there such a thing for the Band where we can see what the other person has done without the need to just compare the 2 Bands directly? (For example if she is away I can see what she has done and try to beat her and vice versa).

2. I will be using mine with my L1520.3 but she has an iPhone. Is there a place in the phone app (or the Band) where you can see the history of your data for the past few days/weeks/months/etc? Since I have not received mine I don't know if that data is not available or if it's just not displaying in her iPhone.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Assuming it's the same on iOS, click the hamburger, in the health app, one of the menu options is Activity History, this will display a list in date & time order, click any of them in the list to see that particular activity / event in full detail.
Don't think your first question is possible yet but I could be wrong.

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
1. If you have each other log in information ya can log into each other Microsoft health account see where ya are at.

Social features will be coming as well, but you are a early adopter :)

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
1. She saw that Fitbit users can compare against each other the number of steps/calories/whatever (for instance to keep a friendly competition between friends and family)... Is there such a thing for the Band where we can see what the other person has done without the need to just compare the 2 Bands directly? (For example if she is away I can see what she has done and try to beat her and vice versa).
Not really. At least not yet.

2. I will be using mine with my L1520.3 but she has an iPhone. Is there a place in the phone app (or the Band) where you can see the history of your data for the past few days/weeks/months/etc? Since I have not received mine I don't know if that data is not available or if it's just not displaying in her iPhone.
Yes, I think all phones have that feature in the Health app. You just have to explore a bit. It does seem to be in bit of an odd place. But the very best place to look is the on-line dashboard. That can give you a better look at your history.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Android phone here, I can't find the hamburger! :cool: Is that only Windows phones?
I think he's talking about the three horizontal lines. I must be showing my age - I see them as a 90MB disk pack. (Anyone else used to use CDC "washing machine" drives?)

300MB version shown below:
CDC%20Hard%20Disk%20Drive%202.JPG

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
AH....the three lines!!!! I guess I read those as "Menu/Options" (hasn't that been the default symbol on Android phones for a while?). That's too bad -- a hamburger is so much more interesting.

-Matt

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Caledos Runner allows to save your data to RunKeeper bot not really get it from there or see friends, etc.

I also just found out RunKeeper used to have a Windows Phone app and they abandoned it. :(

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Looks like Caledos Runner allows to save your data to RunKeeper bot not really get it from there or see friends, etc.

I also just found out RunKeeper used to have a Windows Phone app and they abandoned it. :(
Argh, that sucks. I've been having fun with RunKeeper -- my 2 cents is go with Caledos for recording your workouts and do the friend thing in the RunKeeper web interface!

-Matt

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Assuming it's the same on iOS, click the hamburger, in the health app, one of the menu options is Activity History, this will display a list in date & time order, click any of them in the list to see that particular activity / event in full detail.
Don't think your first question is possible yet but I could be wrong.
There is something oddly ironic about referring to hamburger menus in a health app....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)