Screen froze on Band today

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've have my MS Band for about a week now. Today I was on the stationary bike and when I was done I was unable to get the screen on my band to activate. Online chat with solved my problem by doing a forced shutdown. I had to hold both buttons on the band for about 15 seconds and it shut off. Connecting it to the charger restarted it and all was well.

While online with tech support I tossed out a few other issues that had been nagging me about the bands app MS Health. I'm sure you all know that you can connect the MS Health app to MS Health Vault and a few other 3rd party apps. I asked if there would be an option to connect to the MS Health & Fitness app and got no answer. I also asked why they selected Map My Fitness as a partner since the Windows Phone app for Map My Run is terrible at best according to the reviews. The Rep was shocked that the MMR app has not been updated in two years. I know not everyone that uses the Band uses a Windows Phone but I find it a bit insulting that the only option for Windows Phone users is an app that doesn't work.

and... I thought it was a bit crazy that if you click the "Learn More" button for Map My Fitness, it takes you to a page where you can select to download the app. If you click the button to download the app it takes you to the google play store. Doesn't anyone care about quality control anymore?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've have my MS Band for about a week now. Today I was on the stationary bike and when I was done I was unable to get the screen on my band to activate. Online chat with solved my problem by doing a forced shutdown. I had to hold both buttons on the band for about 15 seconds and it shut off. Connecting it to the charger restarted it and all was well.

While online with tech support I tossed out a few other issues that had been nagging me about the bands app MS Health. I'm sure you all know that you can connect the MS Health app to MS Health Vault and a few other 3rd party apps. I asked if there would be an option to connect to the MS Health & Fitness app and got no answer. I also asked why they selected Map My Fitness as a partner since the Windows Phone app for Map My Run is terrible at best according to the reviews. The Rep was shocked that the MMR app has not been updated in two years. I know not everyone that uses the Band uses a Windows Phone but I find it a bit insulting that the only option for Windows Phone users is an app that doesn't work.

and... I thought it was a bit crazy that if you click the "Learn More" button for Map My Fitness, it takes you to a page where you can select to download the app. If you click the button to download the app it takes you to the google play store. Doesn't anyone care about quality control anymore?

Perhaps you might consider more accurate titles for posts. You have a couple lines about it freezing and the rest is comprised of completely unrelated complaints about apps.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps you might consider more accurate titles for posts. You have a couple lines about it freezing and the rest is comprised of completely unrelated complaints about apps.

Well, the main idea of the post was to address that the screen froze and how tech support had me fix it. I was thinking if someone else had a screen freeze on their band, they could read the first few lines and have a possible quick solution they could try before contacting MS tech support. So I think the title is appropriate since it will be easy for someone to find if they search the forum.

The rest was me venting about a band related issue that I thought was stupid. It wasn't a rant complaining about apps as you suggested it was more a rant about MS policy decisions and how short sighted they currently are.

But, thank you so much for taking it upon yourself to act as the forum police for this thread. I'll be sure to make a note of your suggestion and file it in its appropriate place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon