Daylight Savings

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So, clocks went back last night, phone updates fine. Band does not. Sync, still and hour off.
I'm travelling, so change to new time zone on phone, sync and still an hour off even on the new time zone. It did change to match the phone time zone tho...

What gives, how do I fix?!!

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Well the second time zone is US... Could understand that potentially in the UK, but ultimately if autoset time is setup the it should mirror the phone irrespective of anything...

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I find I have to unpair (Bluetooth) the phone and Band and repair to get syncing (especially time) working right. You might also try turning the Band off/on again.

-Matt

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised the Band would even have the information for that. Figured it would just sync whatever time your phone shows.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised the Band would even have the information for that. Figured it would just sync whatever time your phone shows.
I'd agree that I'd expect it to sync the phone's information, but it may be a little more complex then just local time. I've had a problem with Verizon messing up the "local time zone" information. Oh, the time is correct, it's the ZONE that's messed up. (I can tell because I look at my calendar events and all the new ones have the wrong time - because they were all saved when the phone was in the wrong time zone.) Bottom line, I woke up one morning to find my phone and my Band an hour ahead. I toggled my phone in/out of airplane mode and it reset. I looked at my Band, and it was reset as well.

Keep in mind that if the Band just syncs time, it's going to have an issue with DST, because that would be expected to kick in while it's in sleep mode with Bluetooth turned off. So it may be getting zone, or at least DST info from the phone as well as the time. I think the zone info is getting out of sync between the phone and the Band.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything. If I set it to automatic it seems to select GMT rather than London UTC, so it's an hour out from my phone. It's stupid, as its definitely getting the update from the phone, but just staying an hour out. I've had to go to manual, which is fine so long as it doesn't start losing time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo