Sleeping with Band

B1llyMadison

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else's Band readjust while tossing and turning at night? I find this really annoying and uncomfortable.

I know I can't be the only one.. Anyone else have similar experiences?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
A couple sleep observations...first, I'm wondering how long you've owned yours? It took me several weeks before I felt comfortable sleeping with it. Daily wear took about a week, sleeping a lot longer (I'm a light sleeper too). Second, I still notice that every few weeks, I'll suddenly grow really sensitive to the Band for a night or two while sleeping. Seems to correlate very closely with how tight I've worn it over the last day or so -- the tighter I wear it, the more I notice it at night.

I suppose the goal is to find the sweet spot between tight and loose, so it isn't dangling like a chandelier at night, or causing your hand to turn blue. :smile:

-Matt

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else's Band readjust while tossing and turning at night? I find this really annoying and uncomfortable.

I know I can't be the only one.. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I've been using mine for sleep every night since the beginning of January, and this has never happened to me. Do you wear it so tight that maybe your skin hits the action button to wake it up? I know sometimes when it's too tight and I bend my wrist my skin almost pinches against the Band and I get worried that I might hit a button by accident. Other than that I have no idea...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I started to wear my bangs on my dominate hand, but was having issues adjusting... Switched to my of hand, where I normally wear my watch, and don't really notice it anymore as out isn't as heavy as my watch....

Anyhow, it did take a coupled of days to get used to wearing it to sleep (watch would normally be off) and I was worried about it coming off, but it hasn't been an issue. Been wearing it for a couple of weeks now.

It almost sounds like you have it to loose if it's adjusting at night.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if we're reading "adjusting" in different ways...I thought the OP meant "it rolls around on my wrist" but I guess everyone else sees "buttons and settings are getting changed."

​-Matt

B1llyMadison

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
A couple sleep observations...first, I'm wondering how long you've owned yours? It took me several weeks before I felt comfortable sleeping with it. Daily wear took about a week, sleeping a lot longer (I'm a light sleeper too). Second, I still notice that every few weeks, I'll suddenly grow really sensitive to the Band for a night or two while sleeping. Seems to correlate very closely with how tight I've worn it over the last day or so -- the tighter I wear it, the more I notice it at night.

I suppose the goal is to find the sweet spot between tight and loose, so it isn't dangling like a chandelier at night, or causing your hand to turn blue. :smile:

-Matt

I've had my Band for about 2 weeks now. I've been sleeping with it on every night, even though it's sometimes uncomfortable.

I agree with you, probably the tighter I wear it, the more I notice it while I sleep.

But, it's odd that while I'm tossing and turning, if the Band is too loose, it'll tighten up, or if it's too tight, it'll loosen.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
But, it's odd that while I'm tossing and turning, if the Band is too loose, it'll tighten up, or if it's too tight, it'll loosen.

I've experienced where what did feel "right" at one time may not feel quite right at another. Either I made it too tight and it starts to bother me, or later I decide that I can pull it in a notch. But that's not a sleep thing.

Some people have reported problems with their clasp, that one button doesn't have the spring action on it. Any possibility your clasp isn't working quite right? Otherwise, all I can suggest is covering the Band with a wrist sweat band at night.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I haven't noticed this, I'm 2 weeks into having the band. I find the rubber a bit annoying as sticks a bit to the sheeting though. Worried about that wearing off the rubber.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you wearing the Band with the screen on the inside of the arm? The Band is more comfortable with a flat surface and the inside of the arm is flatter than the outside.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon