Editing HR Zone

JoeHempel

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere:

Can you change your HR zones??

Seriously, I'm finding this band is severely lacking and the reviews are even worse harping on things that don't really matter over functions that matter.

It uses 220-age that's a given just looking at an exercise chart.

My max HR is around 200, not 184 and I'd like it to reflect that.

Can you change your zones??

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Joe, I agree with BK, it sounds like the Band is not working out for you. Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the HR zones, which I also agree is unbelievably stupid. To be more candid, there are probably a dozen different quick-and-dirty things that MS did that irritate and make no sense.

Your concerns remind me of the first wave of posts that rolled through here last November: a lot of confusion, anger, and disbelief that the Band didn't do (or didn't do well) things it advertised. I guess us early adopters who kept the device and stuck around are those that don't mind the drawbacks and limitations of a first gen product. It definitely has its blemishes. I think you'd be happier with something more polished and developed.

-Matt

JoeHempel

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I ended up returning it.

I found that at high intensities the HR Monitor is also off. When I was trying to find my MAX today it was off by almost 20bpm. Even if I waited to see if there was lag, it was just not good. At lower intensities it seems to work great which is where most of my stuff happened.

I'm zone training for a sub 2 half marathon in August, and I really loath chest straps, but I'm gonna have to just suck it up.

I bought a garmin vivoactive today, and while (for some stupid reason) it doesn't connect to the windows phone, the other features are pretty great and the chest strap I wore all day today while I was training my track kids and I didn't even realize it was there after a while.

The other thing for me was while I was running, the notifications were decent, but getting rid of them was a pain, so I ended up turning them off and realized that if I was doing all that, why the heck did I need it??

Thanks everyone for the help and good luck to everyone with the band!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon