uploading unband exported gpx file to endomondo problems

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
anyone upload a GPX file from the band, and then upload it to endomondo? I just did that, and well... apparently I am superman It states that I went 13,996.77 miles in 17m 46s a burned 200 calories lol. I also gained 5269 ft. in altitude. It uploaded the GPX file to Strava just fine, but man did it miss the mark for endomondo.

Looking at the map started at my house in Northglenn Co. and ended off the coast of Nigeria..........

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Figured out why. I opened the file using Notepad and dug into the data. It seems the first and last entry point to a longitude and latitude of 0...... Soooo.... The route starts off the coast of Nigeria at 0 long. and 0 lat. and then ends at that point too. All the data between is correct. I removed those two data points from the GPX file and whala it worked.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Try the other format (TCX) instead? I've had good luck importing those to mapmyrun.

-Matt
I did do that, but it does not import the map information, only the ride length, heart rate, etc. I don't mind if I have to modify the GPX files to make it work, its more than worth it. Being able to see where my heart rate was at a specific part of the ride is just awesome. I now know I need to push myself harder, I was not reaching where I needed to be heart rate wise lol.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, funny, I get all the data (map included) when I import TCXs. I wonder why endomondo dumps the map data but mapmyrun keeps it?

-Matt

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it only uploads the time, heart rate, dist. etc. no maps from the TCX. I don't mind modifying the GPX file, not that big of a deal.

JenniP

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the same thing with but with Runkeeper. It messes up when trying to upload it, so I do the upload to Strava, export then import to RunKeeper.

Looks like it could be an Unband problem then.

Jen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99