UK Band Launch 15 April but when will I get mine?

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
So the UK launch is this Wednesday (15th). I have pre-ordered from the Microsoft store but when will it arrive? Is it too much to expect that I will receive mine on the 15th or will they ship it that day?

It's been a while since i have had a new gadget and even longer when i have been involved in a UK launch.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I just checked my email and it states that I will receive an additional email when it becomes available so I assume that it gets shipped on the 15th and delivered soon afterwards.

Flan Flinger

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine back on the 19th March. The Order Status on the Microsoft Store shows my order as In Progress and no payment has yet been taken from my card and no update email has been received.

Hopefully, as this is already available in the US, MS will be able to hit release dates on this. I am hoping (or should that be praying?) that tomorrow the status changes to shipped and it arrives on Wednesday.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure the general rule is that payment will not be taken until item(s) have been shipped. Payment will how ever have been pre-authorised (if using a credit card).

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
May I ask when you pre-ordered? I pre-ordered mine 18th March - no shipping email and no updates on 'my orders' ;-(

I would hope that if the launch date is 15th April, then customers should get them on that date and that is not the shipping date.

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine on 17th March. Usually with Microsoft Store UPS shipments, it's next day once you get tracking info, so Band should arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:

Flan Flinger

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine was a 19th March pre-order and I have just received my shipment notice.

Only problem now is that I have been asked to go out to a customer site tomorrow when some kit arrives for them so the question is do UPS arrive with my Band arrive before the kit for site?

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
My email says UPS Standard - 3-5 business days. If that is correct, it's a bit of a bummer that pre order customers have to wait longer than shop bought ones.

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My email says UPS Standard - 3-5 business days. If that is correct, it's a bit of a bummer that pre order customers have to wait longer than shop bought ones.

Not sure if that's not just a line that gets spat out for all orders. On the main page it does state "Pre-order for delivery on day of release - 15/04/2015. Payment taken when product ships." I'll be heading out to PC World (Once I've calmed down) if that turns out to be BS.

The tracking info says "UPS Express Saver" as the delivery method, which is 1 - 5 days for delivery. See http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/shipping/time/service/shipping/index.html

I'm still expecting it tomorrow.

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah delivery will be tomorrow - I've had many things from there and they've all been next day once the UPS label is created.

You'll be able to check around 7pmish on the UPS site when they collect the item from MS. The site will then confirm delivery day.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
UPS now showing on Vehicle for delivery today. I will be around till 10am but after that my Mother in law will be around to receive the parcel. It will then sit at home taunting me whilst I am at work reading about everyone opening their parcels!

Do I forgo the personal pleasure of the unboxing so that it is fully charged when I get home, or do I wait. Decisions, decisions :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos