Which One To Pick MS Band or Fitbit Surge

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Looking to get a fitness tracker which will track # of caloris burned , hr when doing different types of workouts. I will be wearing this under long sleeve shirts to comfort is important to me .

Battery life should be few days . so which one should I pick. Only thing I like about MS band is that the screen is color vs surge is black and white screen but that's something I can live without.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I think it depends on your fitness regime and just how much you want your wearable to do

If running is your thing an you're primarily looking for basic cardio feedback the surge is a sensible option.

I'm more into gym sessions, spinning and strength training. The band is a better shout for those sorts of exercises.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the Band also incorporates a few smartwatch features including Cortana (if you hook up to a windows phone), while the surge s very much a standalone fitness tracker.

Personally, I've opted for the Band. It should be here by Friday :)

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You'll love it! I wear mine all the time except shower etc. I does track calories burned and the dashboard does a good job of showing trends. I wish the dashboard showed duets etc. U also have the Fitbit aria scale and those need to be entered elsewhere. U haven't even charged the Fitbit one I have in 2-3 months. I can see more in a single tap as well as see incoming calls. Make reminders, etc.

sguy156

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about ms band or fitbit surge which doesn't need charge that often .Does aria scale works well with ms band .
How is your battery life with ms band for day to day usuage ..Do you also clean the charging
contacts after few days ...

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
As a follow up to this thread, I've had my band for a week now and am wearing it 22-23 hours a day on average. I've taken it on 5 gym sessions and a couple of jogs, I've accidently splashed water on it at least half a dozen times while washing my hands, running the bath, etc and I've even dropped it twice.....it's still in perfect condition.

The cortana / voice integration is awesome. Being able to dictate responses to texts, make calls or web search from my wrist is just soooo cool...I feel like Captain Kirk :)

In all honesty, it's so light and easy to wear that I often forget I'm even wearing it.

And the analytics that are building up in the health app is really insightful. With every hour that you wear the band its building up this complete picture of your health and wellbeing.....really amazing and very powerful stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077