Biking heart rate results on dashboard are poor

S Grey

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I've successfully used my band a few times for Biking, but in the results Heartrate graph it shows my bpm averaged overtime, instead of 1 second BPM updates the band is supposed to take. Image below:

I know the band updates BPM in 1-second intervals on the heartrate tile, and in exercise mode.. so why on earth are they showing only an average in the dashboard? its not accurate at all

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hadn't noticed that, it is kind of weird. Wonder if HR is being sampled less often in Bike mode, or if its just the way its being charted?

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I've only used it on Biking so far, does running or other exercise update the heartrate more frequently?

Well, it certainly graphs differently with exercise or run/walk. As I said, I'm not sure whether its sampling differently or we're seeing smoothing applied on the graph with biking. Perhaps it is sampling differently because HR changes tend to be more gradual when cycling? If so, it seems it would do the same for running. Oooh, wait....I just noticed something interesting; my graphs when spinning (my regular bike on a trainer, no gps enabled) look the same as graphs for exercise and running (spiky); whereas graphs for cycling (gps enabled) have that smoothed/blocky look. So I think it has to do with GPS location sampling being somehow combined with HR in the graphing process. In other words, maybe its averaging HR across two or more GPS samples?

S Grey

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Ugh.. I hope that's not true as I really hate it's current representation. Unfortunately I can't do other exercises to test atm, can you post a screenshot from one of your graphs so I can see a difference please?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro