04-29-2015 05:16 PM
78 1234
tools
    Already there since the launch of the dashboard.
    Ok, thanks, I never noticed it before... :)
    04-26-2015 04:26 AM
    I noticed the observations tab under sleep and run only today... was it already there or I noticed it only today?
    HEY, what gives?!?!?!? I've got "Observations" for Calories and Sleep...but not Run. Is this some kind of penalty for the Android phone owners -- and how would the Dashboard know that?

-Matt
    04-26-2015 10:36 AM
    Sorry, I meant sleep and calories, no run.
    04-26-2015 02:13 PM
    Sorry, I meant sleep and calories, no run.
    Oh darn you got my hopes up. Well...maybe after the update...? Hopefully the "Run/Exercise Observations" coming soon will be a big step in that direction!

-Matt
    04-26-2015 02:22 PM
    Recorded my bike ride this morning and it hasn't uploaded to Strava 😒 gonna have to install unband when I get home.
    04-27-2015 05:38 AM
    Yep, same here. Strava and MapMyRide no longer syncing bike rides. Worked for 2 days only, I suppose teething issues to be expected but no comma on the issues from MS, and they are aware.
    04-27-2015 05:47 AM
    Oh man, hope they fix this quick. My Band should arrive today. I bought it mostly for biking.
    04-27-2015 10:25 AM
    Hey. Shouldn t there ne a update of The health dashboard website with comparison and VO2 etc? Or die i grt it wrong?
    04-27-2015 03:41 PM
    Anybody seen the 23rd and 27th of april updates? Except for strava etc integrations nothing new.
    04-27-2015 04:39 PM
    Updates now live on the Dashboard. Much more comprehensive info as previously predicted. First glance: looks good...
    04-27-2015 04:48 PM
    Yes, the updates are live.
    From the sleep seciton - "Microsoft Band will auto-detect sleep events over two hours long, even when your Sleep tile is off."
    04-27-2015 04:53 PM
    I never noticed the data export option, I wonder if that was part of the new update...
    04-27-2015 05:17 PM
    I never noticed the data export option, I wonder if that was part of the new update...
    That's new as well. Looks like it's only a CSV or Excel export though. So no GPS data if anyone is looking to import that into another service.
    04-27-2015 05:36 PM
    The layout is nice, and looks like % difference for a monthly look is change versus the previous week.

Where is the VOx reading posted?
    04-27-2015 06:30 PM
    There is no band software update right? They only updated the dashboard.
    04-27-2015 06:57 PM
    Just received an updated of android application, allowing non-band users to use it. Also icon change.

EDIT: Some menu re-arrangement, I didn't notice any major change nor I can start an activity from my phone... maybe because I'm using a band?

New in Version 1.3.10427.2
    - Multi-Device support: Track your steps and calories without the Microsoft Band, using the motion sensor on the phone you own*
    - Connected Apps: Share your bike data with Strava and MapMyRide
    - Sleep: Auto-detect your sleep without activating the Sleep tile.
    - Bug fixes
    *Motion tracking works with Android 4.4 phones and greater.
    Last edited by DrFix82; 04-28-2015 at 03:43 AM.
    04-28-2015 02:45 AM
    This are all still Microsoft Health changes. The band has stayed the same.
    04-28-2015 04:49 AM
    Just received an updated of android application, allowing non-band users to use it. Also icon change.

EDIT: Some menu re-arrangement, I didn't notice any major change nor I can start an activity from my phone... maybe because I'm using a band?
    Took a few steps around the house with the phone in pocket, and Band on the counter. No steps showed up in the Health App, which leads me to wonder...maybe the "counting steps/calories WITHOUT the Band" is ONLY for people with Health accounts and NO Band registered. In other words: if you have a Band, does the Health App otherwise ignore your phone? Certainly not a deal-killer for me...but I thought it would be cool to have the phone as a back up activity tracker if/when the Band loses power!

​-Matt
    04-28-2015 09:27 AM
    Took a few steps around the house with the phone in pocket, and Band on the counter. No steps showed up in the Health App, which leads me to wonder...maybe the "counting steps/calories WITHOUT the Band" is ONLY for people with Health accounts and NO Band registered. In other words: if you have a Band, does the Health App otherwise ignore your phone? Certainly not a deal-killer for me...but I thought it would be cool to have the phone as a back up activity tracker if/when the Band loses power!

​-Matt
    This seems correct... othewise the risk would be steps to be counted two-times when walking with both band and device in pocket... anyway device could know that band is not in bluetooth field... but I don't know if app is so smart..
    04-28-2015 09:32 AM
    This seems correct... othewise the risk would be steps to be counted two-times when walking with both band and device in pocket... anyway device could know that band is not in bluetooth field... but I don't know if app is so smart..
    That's a great idea! Maybe a 2nd gen feature? Doesn't really require a change in hardware though. I wonder...

Perhaps an even simpler algorithm would be:

If Band = inMotion then
    record activity from Band
    ignore Phone
    elseif Phone = inMotion
    record activity from Phone
    ignore Band
    end

​I could imagine some occasions though where both devices are providing sporadic signal, though in principle the algorithm could switch between devices by using a threshold on signal "strength". It's not a difficult problem in theory.

Anyway, my guess at this point is there's a "chauvinistic" policy in place: If the user has a Band, default to it for all activity estimates, and always ignore any other sources of data.

-Matt
    04-28-2015 09:47 AM
    There is a simpler algorithm:
    - record data from both devices
    - compare time segments: if data recived from band, use band. Else use smartphone.
    gadgetrants likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:51 AM
    That's what I was trying to say -- but you did it better! I'm sure the phone app could pull it off.
    04-28-2015 11:21 AM
    There is an update on the Microsoft health app for WP.
    04-28-2015 02:42 PM
    I went for a run some hours ago and I still don't see data in Strava....

I extracted the GPX file with unband and unploaded into runtastic.
    Microsoft Health Dashboard says I ran for 4.02Km, runtastic says I ran for 3.99Km... should the Gps data be the same?
    04-28-2015 03:12 PM
    There always seem to be issues with syncing between apps. Hard to say where the faults lie, but I know there seem to be ongoing issues with MFP, and when the Band first got started, things were spotty with RunKeeper. Regarding GPS distance; this is probably a difference in how Runtastic and Microsoft interpret the raw data. There are smoothing and other algorithms in play; you might try comparing the tracks from the two apps. They probably won't 100 percent agree. It's common to see differences in calorie counts as well.
    04-28-2015 03:20 PM
78 1234