Does anyone have any first hand experience in running the Band with other ecosystems? I'm wondering how good the Band experience will be other than WP connectivity. Thanks!
    04-27-2015 01:30 PM
    There are plenty of posts on iOS and Android. Look around and will find plenty. Do not believe BB OS is supported and have not seen any report from BB users running Android.

For iOS, its fine. Works for the most part, less micro keyboard and Cortana (or Siri integration). Does not support Apple Health app and there is no back door to it currently. Updates are much better now than 3 months ago. Rarely have to manually update collected data, if you let the app run in the background. Does use cell data, if you let it to connect to MS server for Band data collection.

MS Health app connects to all the same 3rd party apps, and to the Health Vault.

There is some noise about Apple dropping MS Health app but nothing substantiated - just conjecture by some. My sense is its about the same as MS Office and iWorks coexisting on Apple ecosystem.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-27-2015 02:01 PM
    To add to this, I've been using my band with iOS for the last couple of weeks on an iPhone 5. It works well, the only thing I've noticed is that the app sucks up battery - 30% of total battery usage. That's with iOS 8.3. Other than that, it's good.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-27-2015 02:36 PM
    Bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone 6 Plus sucks, sometimes it connects, sometimes I have to turn off/on Bluetooth for it to connect. Totally Apple's fault, but annoying nonetheless...
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:32 AM
    Works very well with my Android phone (Samsung Note 4), minus Cortana of course. Android being such a diverse ecosystem though, I would imagine experiences would vary. Judging by some of the posts here on the forum, I'd say that IOS is a bit problematic. I will say that I've seen similar complaints over on the Garmin forums regarding IOS.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:51 AM
    Works fine here on Android. The only thing I miss is an on-screen keyboard on band.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:55 AM
    To add to this, I've been using my band with iOS for the last couple of weeks on an iPhone 5. It works well, the only thing I've noticed is that the app sucks up battery - 30% of total battery usage. That's with iOS 8.3. Other than that, it's good.
    Ouch! What notifications/activities do you have on the Band that are active? I'm curious.
    04-28-2015 12:42 PM