New iOS app asked for access to phones accelerometer, thoughts on what it could be used for.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't see any documentation on what this would be used for, but I can think of a few ideas.
  • If I'm charging the band but still have the phone on me can still track steps
  • For biking, assuming the phone is in my pants pocket, the band could have access to peddeling informaiton. At least one band I looked at instructs users to actually put their badn on their ankle when riding. Leg could give similar information.

I just wish it would have asked for access to phone location for GPS support. With 45 minutes of biking riding a day I have to charge every day (maybe can squeak out 2 days, but I've had it die on ride home a number of times.

William Grafton1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
The new MS Health app can now use information from your phone's step counter. This probably shouldn't be done if you're actually using a Band, but is more for people who want to use the Health platform with their phones tracking mechanisms. Maybe they'll add in support for third party HrM's as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99