New Band SDK

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is going to really enable some interesting apps. If anyone has been on the fence about buying the Band, the recent updates have been really great, and this should make it even better going forward.

More info here.

Additional functionality includes the ability to:

Build apps that support Windows.
Create your own custom layouts for pages on third-party tiles using icons, text, buttons, and barcodes for payment options.
Receive events and button-click callbacks from the Microsoft Band to your phone app. If you press a button on a page inside your tile, your app would know which button was pressed.
Connect to the Band from background tasks.
Tap into calorie subscription from the Microsoft Band.

Last edited:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
OK, dumb question I guess though I use Visual Studio off and on...I tried running Install-Package Microsoft.Band...and I get the error:

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: :)) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetNoActiveSolution,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Any Suggestions?

kevin shea

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Let me know if you can write an app to load my own guided workouts into the Band. Would love to be able to put in a workout to run a mile, jog a minute, run a mile, jog a minute, ...

AndrewTNotts

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
OK, dumb question I guess though I use Visual Studio off and on...I tried running Install-Package Microsoft.Band...and I get the error:

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: :)) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetNoActiveSolution,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Any Suggestions?

Looks like the package hadn't been updated (so it could only see the -pre version which is hidden by default). Has been updated now - try again and it'll be there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs